Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video -
He measured 35 inches long and weighed anywhere from 15-20 lbs

We went offshore fishing last Sunday and had an awesome day as we limited out on snapper and got 10 mingos along with it! I hooked up on the biggest bonita I have ever seen and it sure did put up a good fight! Make sure you guys leave a comment if you have any questions and like and subscribe if you enjoyed. Hope you all have a good week! My brother I the one recording the video and I am the one without a shirt! Sorry for the language as we were excited!:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thats a goodin'.
I've always called them bonito too.
But it looks more like what they call false albacore.

It def looks like false albacore :yes: Ive caught many so its cool to know this now but this by far outweighed and outgrew the other ones ive caught in the past years thanks man for the information!:thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
28,304 Posts
Nice job...biggun fer sure! When I was a kid, my fishing partner and I caught about 10-12 "bonitas" one day. We took em to his house where he chunked em up fer cat food. The next weekend we stopped by GB bait and tackle and shot the crap before headed out again. Dude asked if we had been catching anything so I told him we loaded up on bo-bo's...He looked at me weird and said they aren't in right now (don't remember the time of year)...I went to the truck and got the polaroid (no cell phones then) and he just laughed!!! He said they were black fin tuny!!! He really laughed when we told him they were ground up fer the cats!!! hahaha cats ate purty good!!!

I thought bo-bo's stay around yearly, but I don't know since there is times I wasn't fishing all the time...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Son in law and daughter both got a chance to fight some ....hitting live bait on a flat line:) They had fun catching them! Son in law pulled in a 35" AJ, which wore him out:) Fun fish to catch...too bad you have to eat the cedar plank if you cook them!

·
Registered
14 Posts
These bo bo's, bonita, bonito, little tunny, false albacore are delicious too eat. Next time don't use him for bait, try eating the cheek and the back strap with nothing but soy sauce. Guarantee it will beat any sashimi you get in a sushi restaurant around here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts