Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, went fishing all weekend and all I got was this one lousy red. Fri-had two sharks. First one jumped around doing fancy shark stuff and broke my line. Second one jumped around as well and bit through my leader. They looked to be 4-5ft. Sat- Got the one fat red. Sun- One shark, he jumped around also doing fancy shark stuff and took me around a bouy. I had planned on staying dry that day but had to go in chest deep to try and get my line up over the bouy. As soon as I get out there, it of course goes the other way and off the bouy. Got it into shore and I put my lil glove on to grab it and it bit through my leader. Having enough of that nonsense I went to the vehicle to get the heavy duty stuff and made a sliding hook rig with some nylon coated steel leader I happen to have in my pocket and threw out a stingray wing I happen to have in my other pocket. Of course, they didn't want to eat that knowing they would get their picture took. A guy down from me got a couple baby sharks on squid and a weird looking thing he said was a fireworm. Apparantly you arent supposed to grab it or you will get firewormed.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
yeah its best not to grab one of those, it burns like hell i stepped on one at pickens once, felt my foot burning and reached down to pick up what i stepped on to see what the hell was on that rock that hurt that bad, and then my hand burned like fire too... not my brightest moment but i was pretty young lol

at least you got that red, wouldnt call that one lousy looks like a fun one

·
Registered
4 Posts
That sure was a beautiful fish to watch you drag in. For as long as it fought to come in, it still had some fight left when it got into the shallows. Sure wasn't happy to have it's picture taken.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep, I grabbed one of those with leather gloves on, the spines went through the leather into my thumb, then my thumb went numb. LOL .poetry.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am always up for sharing some info although I am not doing anything out of the ordinary. I just spend a lot of time fishing so I am bound to catch something every once in a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts