Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning and saw how nice it was outside and decided to tough it out even though it was cold and windy and go to my spot again. It was definitely worth it. Got there around 10 and the tidal current was non-existent for the most part but there was a lot of current on the surface from the wind and it was going into the bayou. Very first cast of the day hooked a giant, but it ended up shaking off in front of me, but I knew it was about to be on so no worries. Caught several from that spot but the muddy tide line came through and ruined it, or so I thought. Moved down a ways to where the current was flowing around an eddy and didn't have to move the rest of the time. Tide line moved on, water cleared back up and caught one after another for over an hour and they were all nice size fish. Had a nice limit by around 1 but kept fishing for fun. Around 2:30 I see a few boats making their way through the bay and next thing I know I hear Josh (LimitOut) asking how its going. Jumped in the boat with him for a little while before I headed in.
As usual, used the Xrap 08 to catch them, casting into the current and letting it drift into the eddy where the bigger fish would slam it. Fish were all fighting very hard today and was a lot of fun. Kept 5 from 16-19". Thanks for reading. Here's some pics:

Catch them while the train passes by

·
Reel Anglers
394 Posts
Good job again jeffbro telling U that u need to change your name.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
This man is the truth...
The spec whisperer
The Christopher Columbus of wading
And yes he is truly a bro
Great report as always Jeff

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grouperking- gotta get while the gettin is good. I don't keep many during the summer as they are usually very skinny so I like to load up on the winter time fatties.

Josh and Selina- I may work on changing that, but its time to go out and catch a few more. Thanks for the kind words

·
VIP of the PFF
8,548 Posts
Grouperking- gotta get while the gettin is good. I don't keep many during the summer as they are usually very skinny so I like to load up on the winter time fatties.

I wasn't trying to take a jab at you for keeping them. I was just complementing you on your skills. :thumbsup:

·
Reel Anglers
394 Posts
Josh and Selina- I may work on changing that, but its time to go out and catch a few more. Thanks for the kind words
Your right it is time to catch some more I can't wait till we go back out maybe I'll catch a gator trout this time :whistling:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Nice trout man nothing like artificial lures and trout bites.
Congrats

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hey guys...this is my first Pensacola Fishing Forum participation. Just bought a multi-species boat but I'm new to inshore fishing. I'm in Crestview and figure Destin and Pensacola are about the same distance away. Anyone willing to show a rookie the ropes?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Hey guys...this is my first Pensacola Fishing Forum participation. Just bought a multi-species boat but I'm new to inshore fishing. I'm in Crestview and figure Destin and Pensacola are about the same distance away. Anyone willing to show a rookie the ropes?
I can help u out, let me know when ur free welcome to the forum

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks man...I really appreciate the help. Is there anything I can get tackle wise to be better prepared for the trip? I would like to go out this weekend if the weather allows it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I can help u out, let me know when ur free welcome to the forum
I just noticed on your picture your bow rail is off the boat... did you take that off yourself?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Thanks man...I really appreciate the help. Is there anything I can get tackle wise to be better prepared for the trip? I would like to go out this weekend if the weather allows it.
Call me 650 201 4604
Pending on what types of rods u have will determine what type of lure to throw. But i do have some go to lures 4sure

·
Registered
473 Posts
You're gonna love that mk riptide. I have 24v 80lbs and its a pig. Be careful with the anchor lock. It will knock you off your feet if you dont pay attention. Haha

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Welcome to the forum man! Lots of awesome people here & some great information. Josh (LIM-IT-OUT) is probably the best person here to show you the ropes. He's one of the best dudes on here & he'll put you on some great fish, I can promise you that.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yah man just took it off myself about to mount a new rip tide
I have one for sale if you're still looking? But how tough was it to take off?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts