Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">I?ve got a bombardier evinrude 200hp 2-stroke that I need some help with. I did some regular maintenance on it (plugs, lower unit oil, spray down) and now the check engine light comes on after a short period. It will go off after a few minutes in neutral and come on again after a few minutes in gear. I don?t know if what i did would be directly related to this issue, or if its just a quencidence that its happening right after that work. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I am by far no mechanic. HoweverI have been told that the check engine light on that motor usually indicates a fuel problem. Check your bulb and see if its tight then check your fuel lines...Hopefully someone else will chime in with better info....

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
What year eninge????? oil injected????? More info please.

Is there an alarm buzzer going off as well. Is it pulsing????

does the engine light turn on at higher rpm or only idle???

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That fuel comment reminded me that i also changed the fuel/water sepperator also. It is a 2003, there is an alarm that accompanies the light; it is a constant alarm. The light and alarm did not go off while idling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts