Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For as long as I can remember I was infatuated with everything water and fishing. To this day I remember my dad and uncle showing me how to cast, then side arm, roll, pitch and flip. By the age of 10 I wanted a job not to buy candy or play at the arcade or a new bike. I wanted all the rods, reels, and lures I saw in the bass pro magazine:yes:

At the age of 2 (pic included lol ) my dad put the rod and reel in my hand and let me have at it with little pan fish such as blue gill, crappie, small bass and whatever would hit a night crawler. I thank him to this day for planting a passion in my soul to allow me to look forward to every waking day the possibility of that epic trip or catch that legendary fish hanging at the end of the dock that has broken everyone off....

Here is a pick of him that he just sent me with a striped marlin:thumbup:
Even to this day Im looking up to him and trying to learn all he knows, and maybe I can catch my first Marlin:D

Growing up I had the privilege of going on my dad or uncle's boat and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. With that being said if anyone has a kid ages 10-16 send me a PM I would be happy to put yall on the water and share some of my best experiences with yall. :yes:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
One thing for sure, Josh - you looked a LOT better back then!!!

Nice story, and one that many of us can relate to. My father did much of the same w/ me while growing up. But it certainly wasn't Marlin we were fishing for and the boat was a 14' Jon boat that was carried on the roof of a 1956 Chevy and the 5hp Wizard outboard (Western Auto) went in the trunk. We carried lots of sheer pins with us, a minnow bucket w/ 6 dozen Crappie minnows, and five 10' cain poles. We ONLY kept the slabs!!!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Hang on to that childhood memory sir and never let it go. I remember the exact spot Gulf Breeze side of 3MB that my Dad took me fishing back when the fishing was so much different than it is today. Dang Blue crab that could have snapped your hand off. Or so it seemed. Dad is still hanging in there but wont go fishing any more. Wish now that I wouldn't have turned him down those last few times he asked for me to go when I was a teenager. Actually thought about tricking him into coming to help me out with a broke down vehicle but he'd probably be pretty pissed :laughing:

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Smarty
I think i was always the one begging my pops to take me on the boat I remember I used to count down the days. And not get a min of sleep the night prior to fishin.

Some memories will always feel like it was yesterday

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
When I was a kid we use to go to somewhere close to Cape Canaveral fishing & getting oysters.

I'd be so excited I couldn't sleep a wink waiting for the alarm clock to go off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts