Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that don't know me yet, I work at Half Hitch in Navarre with Dwayne (Redfish). Tomorrow I begin moving my 88 yr old dad into a home. This is tough, it has affected me at work and I can only hope that I have not offended or been discurtious to any of you. Dwayne has put up me having to run home and check on him many times and that leaves him there alone. Never a gripe or complaint and for that I will always be grateful. For those of you that don't him; you are missing out on knowing a great guy. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank him and do it on a public forum. Thanks buddy.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
From the first time (and only time) I met Dwayne at the store I felt he was a nice guy (that's the impression he left with me). While there I ordered something from the store and when all said and done..I now have no doubts what king of guy he is. I'd like to pass on the story, but feel under the circumstances of the transaction (legal of course)it might not be wise. I'd never hesitate dealing with Dwayne again.

Dwayne:clap:clap:clap:clap

We (Susan and I) know how you feel...Had to do the same with Susan's mother a few years ago. Not a easy task. She told us that, that is what her wishes were, but when it came down to that day she made us feel like we were throwing her out of the house.... Susan felt so hurt..didn't bother me too muchas that was what she wanted and I followed through.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Hang in there Glenn, it is rough I am sure, I am having some problems right now with my mother, there is never an easy answer. Prayers are with you.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
I can empathize with you,it is a hard decision to make. Just visit as often as possible.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>QUOTE: "<SPAN style="COLOR: #1f5080">We (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" /><st1:GivenName w:st="on">Susan</st1:GivenName> and I) know how you feel...Had to do the same with <st1:GivenName w:st="on">Susan</st1:GivenName>'s mother a few years ago. Not a easy task. She told us that, that is what her wishes were, but when it came down to that day she made us feel like we were throwing her out of the house.... <st1:GivenName w:st="on">Susan</st1:GivenName> felt so hurt..didn't bother me too muchas that was what she wanted and I followed through."<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f5080"><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f5080">My Sisters & I went through the very same thing. & must agree with the others that you must get over to see him as much as you possibly can.<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f5080"><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f5080">There may also come a time that he no longer knows who you are, & you may start seeing him less & less. Do not let this happen, you will regret it later. <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f5080">Just remember that while he may not know who YOU are, YOU still know who HE IS!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I had to do that with my father last year. The only advice I can give is visit as often as you can. My father has passed now and I wish I had had the time to visit more often. Once they're gone it's too late. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Right Back At Ya!! Glynn Thanks for the Kind words!! But If You Can't count on Family Or Friends Who can you can Own, I know it's beenhard on you, Hang In there and You Know I,m there 24/7 & Ron Thanks Too I need to buy you a Beer next time your in town!!:letsdrink

1 - 8 of 8 Posts