Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pumped about 25 gallons ofgasfrom my boat which has been sitting idle for a couple years.How do I dispose of this stuff properly? Is it good for anything? Can it be recycled or re-used anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.........

· Registered
1,687 Posts
If you don't want it I'll take if off your hands. :letsdrink

Seriously, if it were me, I'd run it in my mower, or car bymixing a little (about 5 gal.) at at time with a tank of fresh gas. The best and most environmentally responsibleway to dispose of it is it burn it up in your car, truck, mower, boat etc.

· Registered
15,601 Posts
cuzmondo (3/13/2010)If you don't want it I'll take if off your hands. :letsdrink

Seriously, if it were me, I'd run it in my mower, or car bymixing a little (about 5 gal.) at at time with a tank of fresh gas. The best and most environmentally responsibleway to dispose of it is it burn it up in your car, truck, mower, boat etc.
+1.

Or send me a PM, I'll burn it up for you!!~!

· Neptune calls me "Daddy"
10,965 Posts
I'd agree... spread it out amongst the truck, boat, mower...

I could stop by for a few gallons.

In small quantities it'll not cause harm unless the motor is already in trouble.

Jim

· Registered
1,411 Posts
ECUA is starting a haz mat disposal apparently- they take used oil...maybe they will take old gas? I have a 6 gallon tank I'd like to get rid of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.