Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pumped about 25 gallons ofgasfrom my boat which has been sitting idle for a couple years.How do I dispose of this stuff properly? Is it good for anything? Can it be recycled or re-used anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.........

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If you don't want it I'll take if off your hands. :letsdrink

Seriously, if it were me, I'd run it in my mower, or car bymixing a little (about 5 gal.) at at time with a tank of fresh gas. The best and most environmentally responsibleway to dispose of it is it burn it up in your car, truck, mower, boat etc.

·
Registered
14,254 Posts
cuzmondo (3/13/2010)If you don't want it I'll take if off your hands. :letsdrink

Seriously, if it were me, I'd run it in my mower, or car bymixing a little (about 5 gal.) at at time with a tank of fresh gas. The best and most environmentally responsibleway to dispose of it is it burn it up in your car, truck, mower, boat etc.
+1.

Or send me a PM, I'll burn it up for you!!~!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I TREAT MY MOWER WORST THAN A RENTED MULE. AND IT STILL RUNS. IT'S THE BESTUSE FOR OLD GAS. WOULDN'T CHANCE GETTING TO MUCH WATER IN MY BOAT GAS. IT'S EASYER TO FIX THE MOWER IN THE BACK YARD THAN THE BOAT OFFSHORE!

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,443 Posts
I'd agree... spread it out amongst the truck, boat, mower...

I could stop by for a few gallons.

In small quantities it'll not cause harm unless the motor is already in trouble.

Jim

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I mix old gas about 3 to 1 in my Suburban all the time and have never had a problem. I always filter it though a Racor seperating funnel.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
ECUA is starting a haz mat disposal apparently- they take used oil...maybe they will take old gas? I have a 6 gallon tank I'd like to get rid of.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anyone would like it, it's yoursfree. Just need to bring your gas jugs. I am in the Cantonment area near Hwy 29 and Old Chemstrand and should be home all day Sunday.

Bill

529-8129

1 - 9 of 9 Posts