Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
How are y’all using you old crows? Just a couple short grunts? Long grunts? What’s the secret formula?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How are y’all using you old crows? Just a couple short grunts? Long grunts? What’s the secret formula?
Like a trumpet player in a marching band!!
Just kidding. I only use it like I’ve actually heard with my own ears actual buck grunts. Short bursts, with every stride as they jog along after a doe. This morning I turned a can call over then gave it the ol 3 round burst and he almost ran me over before I could get the damn thing out of my mouth.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I’ve heard bucks do both. Few short grunts. And long grunts. When I say long ~2-3 seconds.

Also.... nice buck.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,072 Posts
Like a trumpet player in a marching band!!
Just kidding. I only use it like I’ve actually heard with my own ears actual buck grunts. Short bursts, with every stride as they jog along after a doe. This morning I turned a can call over then gave it the ol 3 round burst and he almost ran me over before I could get the damn thing out of my mouth.
Got pic of call “in” mouth???

J/k, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,803 Posts
Nice buck.....and yepper the old crow is it!!!!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I only grunt when I hear or see a deer at a distance. Have never grunted just to see ìf something would come. That may work though.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Nice buck! Had a little spike sneak up behind me and bolt when he saw or heard me move. I waited a few minutes and made a series of short grunts with mine. 2 minutes later, I see him just inside the tree line about 60 yards away, curious but afraid to come out in the open. I kept that joker on a string for the next 40 minutes until it got too dark to see. He would wander off, I'd grunt and he'd come back. Finally at last light he came out into the clear cut. I flicked a white paper towel and made a few estdus beats and tending grunts and he nearly crawled into my brush blind with me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts