Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a store a couple days ago,... there was a three year old kid in a stroller singing time and time again in his DEEPEST voice... "Give me back that filet of fish, give me that fish..."

FUNNY!!! (maybe not for Mom)...

I remember being in a store a few years ago passing a Mom and a little girl in a stroller simply saying "Nike, nike, nike, nike nike, nike..."

Marketing WORKS!!!

I've run the "Bud Lite" vs "Miller Light" test a few times... it's always 50/50 on guys who can ID their favorite beer.

So what commercials do you remember?

I just saw a "Wonder Bread" commercial...

Without looking... what was the Wonder Bread tag line of old?

Add your own...

Jim

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS... We almost ALWAYS got the cheaper IGA brand or the "Bunny" brand. "Wonder Bread" was a LOT softer and tasted better. I loved plain bread as a kid. Still do, though my taste is Italian, French, or Sour Dough now.

Jim

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
<span id="ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl02_lblFullMessage">Wonder Bread doesn't work well for making Grilled Cheese sandwiches! It always sticks to the pan no matter what kind of butter or spread you use! Used to get Bunny Bread but now use the Sara Lee Whole Grain White bread.

First thing that comes to mind:

"Rice-A-Roni the "San Francisco Treat"<span id="ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl02_lblFullMessage"> ding ding

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris Couture (27/04/2010)<span id=ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl02_lblFullMessage>Wonder Bread doesn't work well for making Grilled Cheese sandwiches! It always sticks to the pan no matter what kind of butter or spread you use! Used to get Bunny Bread but now use the Sara Lee Whole Grain White bread.

First thing that comes to mind:

"Rice-A-Roni the "San Francisco Treat"<span id=ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl02_lblFullMessage> ding ding

Chris,

That's gotta be a Dad's answer... only other choice is a college students but he would NEVER upgrade from "Bunny" brand.

Funny...

PS... while your making those "grilled cheese" for your kids, add a slice of tomato to the one you make for yourself, BIG improvement.

And yeah, I've got that danged Rice a Roni song in my head right now.:reallycrying:reallycrying

Jim

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Jim, you need to go flying!!!!!

I remember:

"I wish I was an Oscar Meyer wiener........"

and

"My Bologna (Baloney) has a first name it's......"

I miss the :doh emoticon

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I love the new one with the little girl that says to her mom, "You feed me minced? You feed me minced fish?, You ever catch a minced fish?"

She sounds like a mobster...hahahahaha

I always looked forward to Easter....Thanks Easter Bunny, BAWK BAWK!!!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Several years back, there was a local radio commercial for one of the wand and brush type car washes. The older gent that owned them evidently wrote and broadcasted the ad on his own. The main theme he had aired was that his car wash was "Better than a hand job". It only lasted for a few days and it was taken off the air. Funny as heck.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The OLE Who We Be.

Already been mentioned but "Wheres The Beef" ?

Fill it to the Rim with Brim.

How bout OLE T- Buff, he used to do alot of furniture commercials in the Birmngham area. "I'm Chief T-Buff" I've seen the same guy doing furniture commercials for someone in Mobile. He has lost his T-Buff skit though.

Dodge Trucks are Ram Tuff. That may still be used today.

Squeeze Charmin

Damn I'll be thinking about this for a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not an oldie, bit since the OP mentioned a kid, I caught my four year old saying, " It's my money, and I want it NOW!!!"

( Remind me to never be late with his allowance when he gets older!)

Here are some older tag lines I remember...

" It's not Nice to foll with mother Nature!!!"

"Silly rabbit, Tricks are for kids!"

"... their G-G-G-R-R-R-R-E-E-E-E-A-A-A-T-T-T!"

"Football, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and ..." (Or was that Hot Dogs?)

"If it doesn't say___________ it's not a Radar Range."

" Make mine a _______!"

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
That little girl who would say" we're open 8 to 8 so don't be late". Have you seen that little girl now?

And the kid from Dothan for Kings Furniture and Appliance. "A 20 Dollar bill"

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
TWO ALL BEEF PATTIES, SPECIAL SAUCE, LETTUS, CHEESE, PICKLES, ONIONS ON A SESAME SEED BUN!!!!!!!! SAY IT THREE TIMES FAST AND YOU CAN WIN A FREE BURGER!!

ANYONE REMEMBER WHICH BURGER JOINT DID THIS ONE?

·
Registered
470 Posts
"We make money the old fashioned way----- We earn it" in an old british mans accent.

"99 and 44/100's % pure" if you look hard enough this one is still on the bar of soap wrapper.

?<WBR>Double your pleasure, double your fun?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Emerald Ghost (28/04/2010)Here is a couple for the seasoned folks:

Sing it over and over and over again,________ _________.

__________ "a little dab a do ya"
Brillcream.....a little dab a do ya

And

"You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with ____________"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts