Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Praedator
10,087 Posts
I had heard that as well. My parents live on Bayou Chico. I'll have to see if they have heard anything else from the association about it. PM Oldflathead hear on the forum and see if he knows anything more. I believe he lives on the bayou as well.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
i wonder who the destin partners are. theres one of these gone up in destin where you have to buy the dry storage slot instead of rent or leasing and you will have your ovaries shocked when you hear some of the prices that i heard. probably the same one that ruined destin with that monstrosity he built at the foot of the bridge.

·
Praedator
10,087 Posts
Dew2fish (12/11/2007)Seems like it would be a good place to make a park sim to shoreline park with a ramp.
That would make too much sense for this area. :doh Our idea is to let developers do everything for the community. :banghead The county is partnered with the Pensacola Shipyard already to allow public use of their ramp though, which is right down wayfurther in Bayou Chico

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right, I forgot about the shipyard ramp. But it would be nice to have one more public ramp that could be used as a park also. I went to the new ramp that is up in Bayou Granda

a couple weeks ago and it was closed. Looks like the sand is washing out from under the ramp. I don't know if it is still closed or not. That place is nice. Very big with lots of parking and picknet tabels. Something sim to that at chico would be nice.

·
Registered
269 Posts
As of this past weekend, they appeared to be working on the channel in/out of Sanders. That used to be a decent ramp before the storm for the smaller guys (25' and under).

·
Registered
782 Posts
what happened with the marine max deal? i thought they were putting in at runyan. that's here-say for ya'

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
wonder how many wet slips they will have. if they are going to have 1000 dry slips they can't have too many wet ones. how would you set just 10% in the water on a sat. morning?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Hi Fisher Folks,

I'm still in the hospital from infection and antibiotic reactions. Had a successful hip replacement 13 Nov., walking in 5 days, no PAIN! Day after Thanksgiving had problems with incision drainage. OrthopedicDr. Littel, Foley, AL had given me cell number, so got good friend retired Dr. to come look at it, bad so back to S. Baldwin Regional Medical Center ER, etc. Still in the ICU 12 Dec.,had some very serious problems, kidneys shut down, hallucinations, etc. Am getting better thanks to prayers and dedicated health care professionals. More details later as I am still screwed up from 3 surgeries last week to clean up hip area, anesthesia hang over, other weird stuff.

The old Runyan property on Bayou Chico sold to investment group from SoFL who will be developing as described. Our Bayou Chico Association was made aware several months ago. Some of the details are secret, but info relayed is accurate. Rumor the BCA Board got was Marine Max will be running the marina, sales, etc. and other investors will be developing waterfront restuarants, condos and appropriate commercial enterprises. We discussed pros and cons relative to our Bayou Chico Associations goals and we see mostly see good things, more slips, boat storage, clean up the mess and private investors taking the risk. More wet and dry slips are needed and they wil be available close to the bay.

Other good news is the clean up and reorginazition of Brown's Marine, now known as Pelican's Perch. The marina and yard is being cleaned up and up graded. A management team has been brought in and are doing a great job. While under reconstrontion prices for haulouts are about one third of PSMC, Bahia Mar, Pattis, however they have limited power, water and air, but are working on it. Other yards wanted $300 to lift my 25' onto my trailer, Pelican Perch charged $100. DUHH

As for local contractors doing bottom prep and painting, they run the gamut from outstanding, reasonable, professional work to drunks who promise, take your $$ and delay. Since I try not to say anything bad, I will PM you some honest good guys I have used and/or know.

I will be checking in more often as health improves. I got Alltel wireless, unlimited use for $59.95 a month, almost as fast as DSL, good across the USA and it is keeping me from going nuts in this hospital, even sold a boat yesterday.

Please don't call as I'm still screwed up from anathesia, etc. and am not talking well, yet. E mails are welcome [email protected]

God Bless,

Tom

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Glad to hear your doing better Tom. Hey where can I get some of that hallucination,amnesia stuff?:shedevilJK

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
LITECATCH (12/12/2007)wonder how many wet slips they will have. if they are going to have 1000 dry slips they can't have too many wet ones. how would you set just 10% in the water on a sat. morning?
Scott - I heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 300. We'll see...............

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Gulfview (from Chico?) Marina?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
As I put my boat in down the bayou at the PMSC, it will be a welcome site on the way out to the bay to see some modern buildings instead of a run down ship yard. But, those "deeded" boat slips sound expensive. I just hope it's not quite as overwhelming as that "thing" in destin. It sounds good for the area from what I read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts