Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John will be coming home from the rehab hospital next Tuesday. I'm not sure if that's all good because he's still very limited in what he can do and his wife is worried she can't handle it.

Good news is he has good movement and strength in his left arm/hand (the affected side) and movement in his left leg/foot but he says it won't hold him up. Says he can walk with a walker, but with help. Talking is difficult for him also.

Sorry for the lag in reports. I was really hoping to report good news, but this is the best I got.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
So sorry but coming home and getting him and aide for home rehab will make him feel better. I am thinking of him, praying and hoping for a good recovery! God Bless

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry to hear your old buddy is having a bad spell. By hunting season you'll probably be sitting in a shooting house with him trying to keep him from shooting some old doe. Hope he progresses better and we get that better report. He is in our prayers.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,909 Posts
That is some good news. Been praying nightly since the 1st report and will continue. Maybe soon he'll be back in the boat.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody. I'm pretty sure I can get him from my truck into a golf cart, so adventure awaits. I just hate the thought of having to hug him to pick him up!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Been There, Done That

December 2007 I came home from the hospital, not in Pensacola, unable to walk, but thanking GOD I was alive. Details on request.
At age 69 and a formerly very active person, USMC, 30 years as a Firefighter in SoCal, bicycle racer (rode 4,200 miles across America May June 1985) lifetime fisherman from Brim in Tupelo, MS to Striped Marlin in the Baja, roamed around in our 46' boat from 1988, left Long Beach, CA to 1996 discovered Bayou Chico, bought waterfront property, kept roaming in the winters, started my, business rebuilding boat engines, fishing, going to my Bro's farm outside of Tupelo each year for deer hunting, etc.

I was not going to stop! Well maybe slow down. Physical therapists came to my home and taught me to walk again. God Bless Physical Therapists. If you meet one hug them for me!

After the NDE (Near Death Experience) in the hospital when my "Spirit" left my body, it's as clear today as it was 12 years ago - Long Story-, and I came to with 4 Nurses witnessing my death, Dr. holding my hand, I began thanking him for saving my life, he said, "Tom I did nothing God has something else for you to do"

So, I began building 13" tall, Cedar Crosses with "JESUS" cut into them and giving them to Christians who asked for one, (116 now). PM me a mailing address and I will send one Monday.

Still going strong and will be 81 July 27.

PC240008.jpg

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
And we hope you keep it going...nothing better than to know what your purpose in life is. Everybody has one, Just finding it is the key!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,309 Posts
It may take a while...I had a buddy suffer from a stroke and it took a while after rehab to get well! Keep on praying!

Reactions: Bodupp

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I know I'll forget it so I'll say happy birthday now Mr. Tom. God Bless.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got him home today, but it wasn't easy. His left leg is about useless, but somehow we got him loaded up in his wife's car and to the house. He's happy to be in familiar surroundings.

He's about half the man he used to be, and it's sad to see. Before I left him, he strained to say, "Turtles?"

"Whuh, wwhat? You want to go shoot turtles?"

He nodded his head, and in a weak voice said, "Tomorrow."

Just give me tomorrow.

·
lees way2
1,326 Posts
Its been a while sence Pops had his strokes and its still hard to understand him sometimes. If ya can make it happen it will do him a lot of good even if he dont sink one. Be careful cause gun control might not be that good. Prayers sent for his wife and you cause yall have a tough job ahead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts