Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Hey, I?m looking at picking up a few new spinning reels and I was wondering if anyone had used both the Okuma Epixor EB-80 and the Shimano Saragosa F18000 and could give me a comparison? I will probably be using these for jigging. Is the Okuma a quality reel? I know the Saragosa is, but I have never used the Okuma. By looking a the specs, the drag on the Saragosa is heavier, but what are the other differences? Is the Okuma going to hold up to the saltwater use? I can buy 3 of the Okuma?s for the cost of 1 Saragosa. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks?

·
little ol me !
582 Posts
I don't have any specifc experience with the model Okuma Reel you are looking at, but I do have a Okuma Salina spinning reel, and thus far I have found it to be a pretty decent reel. I have put some "medium" pressure on it, and it has held up with no problems.

·
Registered
607 Posts
go shimano. they're expensive, but you'll get your moneys worth. I jig with a saragosa 18k, its a pretty big reel. lots of capacity, but a little heavy. i wish i would have gone one size lower.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Go with the saragosa. I'm not knocking the Okuma but I have had some bad experiences with some models in the past. Have almost never had a bad experience with a Shimano

1 - 5 of 5 Posts