Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing a lot of deer but no real chasing going on. Is anyone else seeing any sign it is on?

I know from past history it gets pretty hot around the last weekend of January.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
had a buddy hunting north santa rosa today. he saw a spike and a cowhorn chasing. they chased a group of does away from the feeder. he said they showed no interest in the does other than getting them away from the corn...................tony

·
Registered
771 Posts
Been seeing the younger buck's harassing the doe's, but I haven't seen the bigger buck's chasing. I am still seeing the bigger buck's coming to the feeder's. Watched a nice 9 pnt push the doe's away from the feeder on Friday and then go to thefeeder. They should crank up pretty quick though.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
i've got a camera in an area with a lot of scrapes and been getting a decent 8 checking them on a regular basis. that's the only area i've found that's scraped and rubbed up though. been seeing the bucks (on camera) and they're hanging around the does a little more. no hard chasing yet though.

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hunted this weekend and saw several smaller 6 -8 points and none of them appeared to be interested in harassing the does.I think we are still a few weeks out yet. I have noticed the bucks are traveling alone now.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Saw one solo 6 yesterday moving at 2:45 in central Santa Rosa. 20 minutes later had a buck chasing a doe in circles around my stand (just out of bow range) in some heavy cover. I think they did 3 laps around me and then vanished.

Should be good for a week or two.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Didn't get to go to the woods this weekend. Too many honey doo's. Anyway, my brother-n-law that I hunt with is convinced that all the Bucks have turned funny. Not haha funny but queer funny. He hunted in his club in Conecuh county as well as public hunting land in Escambia county Al, no bucks anywhere, plenty of does no chasing, no tending no running no nothing. He is at the club today hunting wanted me to go, but I'm one of the lucky few who get to work today. He is kinda miffed since I killed a good ern back on the 3rd and so did his son that are wall hangers.

·
Professional bad ass
527 Posts
I saw a spike chasing a couple days ago. I had been hearing grunts up the hill from my stand and then he came out chasing a little doe. Two cowhorns walked out behind him. I shot one with 7.5 inch hornsthat weighed 105 lbs. Hedidn't stink. My first buck ever. Before that I have only ever shot does. The two cowhorns didn't seem to care about the other does that were around. They were just walkin the trail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts