Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
War Damn Eagle
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished West of the Okaloosa Island Pier tonight. Caught a nice slot red but no pomps at all. Also dragged in some cats towards dark. Will go back in the morning and try again for some pompano...I only found a few big fleas today. I found an absolute toad and then a bunch of smaller ones. I didn't find but maybe 6 that were good sized.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've been fishing in that general area for the last couple weeks. Fleas have been sporadic. I've found a few pockets of GOOD ones, getting half a dozen or so thumb sized fleas in one scoop on occasion. I'm pretty new at this, but have really saved my back by being able to spot the nests or colonies or whatever the hell they're called. Congrats on the slot red. I was out there last night and only caught one husky, and very irritated, sting-ray.

·
War Damn Eagle
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went back out this morning to the Island. Closer to the pier though...I had my lines in the water 10 minutes and hooked into a big redfish on my lightweight rod with 6lb test...Well, 45 minutes later and 400yds down the beach I landed it. It was about 20 lbs. Big ole boy. No Pomps though. Only could find some tiny,tiny sandfleas and there weren't that many of those around either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts