Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out around 12pm to beasley and the surf was looking rough! Cast out 1 pole in front of the first sand bar and then just let some frozen shrimp soak. After about 45 minutes I caught one keeper (16" and fat enough for a good dinner) and then nothing else for the day. Either way I caught some sun :)

/Edit Somehow I cant add the pic but here is the link http://postimg.org/image/9fd8s4zgx/

·
Registered
308 Posts
hate to ask questions in your thread but im having a hard time surf fishiong and im in fwb also...what size weight are you using may i ask? i cant seem to keep/get my bait out far enough while surf fishing..everytime i go theres pretty decent waves and it just washed back to beach pretty much...i mostly yak fish in the bays/sound but rerally trying to get the surf down..thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cmg I usually use a 1-2 oz weight if the surf is "calm" and 3oz if it is rougher or I am trying to make a far cast. I am using a 8ft pole with braided line on it. Just be sure to watch out for your finger if you're trying to toss a 3oz weight with braided.. I've gotten cut way to many times lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You should be using a drop rig with a pyramid weight at the bottom and two to three hooks. Some days though the wave action is just too much and it doesn't matter how much weight you put on, it will all wash back up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts