Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

these pics are of the one my brother caught, which was the only one killed.

went out this mornin and missed the main bonita run, but still managed to get one and lost another cranking him up. as i was fighting the 2nd bobo the first two big bulls i saw popped up, chased my bobo a little then went down. so everyone started shark fishing with all the bonitas we had. i lost 4 sharksdue to tail whips and choked a couple finally got one stuck good with a longer leader and handed the rod off to my inexperienced friend. that bull was estimated 180, pushing 200. my brother got a 110, and a few others in the 100 range were caught. 2 or 3 hammerheads in the 6-8 foot range were seen one of which ate a bonito carcass i put down on my bobo rod for chum.he clipped that off right after i jacked the shiz out of him. so in all there were about 8 sharks brought up to the pier and probably 10-15 lost. over 30 bonitos were caught and my friend is now very happy because the biggest thing hes ever caught prior to that bull was a flounder...he didnt know you could get tired from catching a fish. from 8 to 11 there were sharks the bonitos stopped before 8.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Most of the time from 6:15 to 7:45 you could hook a bobo within 2 minutes. Spent most of my time fighting fish or retying. It was totally wild from 6:30 to 7:30.

·
Super Moderator
12,804 Posts
nice report... at pensacola pier this morning, every cast my jig hit the water and would be eaten before i could get the line on the manual.... lots of sharks here too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for DPM, we only killed one shark and she was cleaned and distributed among a few people who wanted some. :hungry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts