Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw 11 does this weekend, 2" spike and 8" cowhorn. They could care less for the ladies. How is everyone else been fairing in Okaloosa and Walton counties? Lot of chasing going on? Thanks.

·
Registered
607 Posts
don't feel bad, you're not the only one. we hunted north of defuniak around leonia all weekend, saw some does and one cowhorn. thats it.

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
I hunt private property and have hunted hard the last two weeks and the bucks are not interested. The bigger bucks are still not making an appearance but the smaller 6 points etc. just don't seem interested. I'm shock, they are usually hot after it by now.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Outside9 (2/7/2010)I hunt private property and have hunted hard the last two weeks and the bucks are not interested. The bigger bucks are still not making an appearance but the smaller 6 points etc. just don't seem interested. I'm shock, they are usually hot after it by now.
I agree completely with Outside9. I hunt north Okaloosa County and I have seen the younger buck's harassing doe's, but no all out chasing. Definitely not seeing the big boy's chasing. The other key thin I have noticed is that the doe's are relaxed on the plot's. They are not all antsy like when the rut is hot and heavy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
same thing in holmes county. saw does without any pursuers. they seemed completely calm and not under any stress.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I didn't get to hunt this past weekend. However I did hunt last weekend and me and a buddy both saw nice bucks along with a couple spikes that were definatly looking. I hasd one spike come in 4 times doing circles around the oak ridge i was on. The 8 point i saw was cruising up towards a green field. This was all in Holmes county just across the walton county line Southeast of leonia.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%"><DIV id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer onmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'822\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'822\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'822\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" style="DISPLAY: inline" onclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'822\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'822\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'822\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">bombtosser- We were probably right around the corner from you...</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
607 Posts
yeah, after posting in this thread i got a few pm's. it seems alot of us hunt up there. i saw a nice 6pt last night, missed a shot. ( i suck) he didn't look to be in rut though. it's the first nice buck that's been seen in daylight in a while up there.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,168 Posts
I shot a heavy old 6 point on January 31 in north Walton county. He was in full rut, and really stunk. The meat had a strong odor too. Sea-r-cy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts