Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Ok, Time to laugh and it OK

4K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  b smith 
#1 ·
WTB a moped (aka piglet). My new running around, partying, fishing group is starting a moped mafia so i need to find one. I told them i had two but they ruled me out and said the hogs were to many cc's.

Anything below 150cc is the rule, hope 50 cc can pull my big ass now.

Anyways, it needs to run but doesn't have to be pretty.

I have no clue about this new brotherhood im getting into. I asked " what the hell y'all gonna do with the mopeds?" Answer was " ride around and terrorize the mountain" :ROFLMAO:

Bunch of hillbillies in coverall bibs im sure is not about to set terror in mountain folk, especially 50+ yr old farts.

Let me know please what you or your family/neighbors have.

#15 ·
Years ago while in the Army, a dozen of us left Ft Useless( Eustis) on Harleys, headed to an ABATE meeting at the Thirsty Camel on Willoughby Spit in Norfolk. It was early spring, low 40s so everyone is in old school leather biker jackets. Part of us are in chaps ( I was because I had just returned from Panama Canal 2 months prior)...all wearing half shells, leather gloves. We had 2 dressers, several Sporties, 3 Wide Glides, 3 Super Glides and I'm on my rigid shovelhead. We're all in the left lane at a red light.

Kid pulls up in the right lane on a moped. Leather jeans, black leather jacket with metal studs all over it in some pattern only he understands, 3/4 bucket with plastic face shield...Deadhead skull stickers on both sides of his helmet.
He starts screaming " bikers rule" and does a closed fist in the air thing...screaming so much he fogged his face shield up and had to pull off to wipe the fog off it.

We were still laughing when we got to Norfolk.

#16 ·
Heck sign me up.....sounds like fun times!!!! Wonder what folks would think bout me hauling a ped in the back of my truck to meets, cause it definitely wouldn't make a long trip on one!!!! You got jackets fer the ole ladies??? Pink Ladies maybe (younger folks won't get that)....

#17 ·
Funny reading..

But im seriously looking. From foley to pcola up on 29, once its on the way to Tennessee

King fish, i have been to the thirsty camel a few times then poof!!!!
It was a gay bar, no shit.. no warning. To anyone.

I lived in Denbie, girlfriend worked on Eustis.

#18 ·
I'd have never seen the Thirsty Camel turning into a gay bar. It was a Navy watering hole for Norfolk...and more than a few SEALs drank there.

I went on Google Earth not long ago and didn't recognize Denbigh...nor over in Va Beach where I lived.

#20 ·
That sounds like fun. I was in Panama City a couple of years ago and Thunder Beach happened to be going on. I stopped at a tent on Highway 98 that had a bunch of vintage motorcycles displayed and a sign that said something like “Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club”.
I was really enjoying looking at the ‘70s Yamaha 175s & 250s, Honda 90s, etc.
I got to talking to a club member and he said they all get together and ride pretty often. Most of them have the smaller bikes popular in the ‘60s and ‘70s. That would be a blast.
I rode a 1969 Honda CB175 for a while in college until I could save up enough for a car.
On a side note, that new Honda 125 Cub looks fun.

#23 ·
I've got a 2017 Honda PCX150 that I bought new in September of 2017 - getting close to 6K miles & ride it to work everyday. 2 up and it does great with me at 160 and my daughter at 110 pounds. Cruises wonderfully up to 50 mph but anything over that, you've got to really stay in the throttle. Will consistently touch 65 on a good stretch but its work to get there.

Small enough to not be a full size scoot, but large enough to ride two up and get the job done. The LED headlights are killer, good acceleration and just all around fun. I wouldn't want anything less than the 150 for beating the downtown.

If you can find a used one, go with it.

(pardon the SL sticker, as it was a gift from the Kiddo so it had to go on the scoot).
Vehicle Scooter Motor vehicle Mode of transport Motorcycle
Scooter Vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Tire
Vehicle Scooter Motorcycle Moped Car
Furniture Room Floor Interior design Flooring

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.