Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
go to the top of the page to the right of "control panel" it says recent posts, i think thats what you are looking for.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Helmsy (10/2/2007)yea i tried that its just not the same. Guess i,ll have to get used to:banghead

agreed, keep "expiring" even though I've refreshed them...but overall, the new forum is way nicer...much faster(but that could just be b/c of a smaller database and less users, we shall see). I think it is definitely a much needed change in which the benefits sure outweigh the losses.

Hall

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you click on the recent posts link and then posts added today, it shows the most recent posts in order and there are about 20 on page one. At least they are in order from top to bottom time wise.

What you COULD do is bookmark that page instead of the home page and you'd have the same thing as before only better.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Grasshoppers...............patience is a virtue. Its not even officially the main forum yet.Give it some time. Seems I recall it was suggested in many heated battles if it was done away with it would help those that could resist opening controversial threads from doing so.:mmmbeer

·
Registered
424 Posts
I really think that the Posts since my last visit is what ya'll are looking for, It dosent just show the last 15 but everything since then I have to go to the link twice when I come up with the error page but I like that better than the last 15, I dont miss anything this way.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
That feature will come back... No need to worry. That is what usually viewed first, plus it was nice if you used another domain to keep up on things and you wouldn't loose your "View New Post" feature :)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The last 20 post are now available on the home page... I am trying to get it to go to the last post but am having problems because of the way the tables have the same filed names and I can not figure it out. The only way around it was to send the page to the bottom when you click on a link there which works OK. On long post, you may need to scroll up a little.

If anyone knows SQL and wants to help me out, here is my statement...

SELECT top 20 * FROM dbo.InstantForum_Topics t1 inner join dbo.InstantForum_Messages m1 on m1.postid = t1.topicid ORDER BY t1.postid DESC

Everything works except it wants to give me the postid from the messages table, not the topics table...

·
Capt Dickhead
1,225 Posts
Chris, I think you forgot to carry the 3, therefore the data column wont see its prototype in the shadows!!

I have no clue what I just said, just trying to help!!

Great new sight by the way!!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Voodoo Lounge (10/3/2007)Chris, I think you forgot to carry the 3, therefore the data column wont see its prototype in the shadows!!

:toast Good one Tony! I'm totally ignorant and with you.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Voodoo Lounge (10/3/2007)Chris, I think you forgot to carry the 3, therefore the data column wont see its prototype in the shadows!!

I will have to look at it that way and see if it works... Nope... No luck... There is no 3.... Maybe that's the problem???

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts