Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am fishing in your boat & either a wave or you driving wreckless causes me to slip & fall, break a leg, hurt my back, etc,,,,,what is the boat owners laibility?

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,285 Posts
GREAT question...

I'd hope my insurance will pay for your medical and worker costs for a reasonable period.

Jim

·
Young Snappa
239 Posts
Depends on how much of a terrible friend you are. But in reality depends on their coverage I assume.

And I mean terrible if you try to lawyer up and suck them dry.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
They don't have to "lawyer up". If they have insurance and have to go to the doctor/hospital they will get ask where "where did this injury happen". When they say "on my buddy's boat", the first thing his insurance company is going to do is determine if you have insurance and file a counter claim against yours.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Ok, I am fishing in your boat & either a wave or you driving wreckless causes me to slip & fall, break a leg, hurt my back, etc,,,,,what is the boat owners laibility?
If it was a wave that is just one of the risks of getting on a boat. Suck it up and take care of your medical yourself.

If your buddy was reckless I'd say you probably had some idea he was like that and you should have known better than to get in a vehicle with them.

Maybe this is why no one over here in PC is willing to take a stranger out on their boat. How about it you guys in Pensacola that offer up rides in the "need a crew need a ride" section. Do you make folks sign a liability release before getting on your boat?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
If your on a boat that's not yours and you get hurt, be happy they invited you and suck it up. Be a man say thanks for the ride and I'll let you know when I'm better. If he's drunk being reckless is a little different story but a wave/wake that causes you to fall over accidents happen people that bitch about it or try and get some money are the reason few people will take someone they aren't great friends with fishing or let someone hunt their land anymore too much liability from candy asses lookin for a quick buck or not paying their own way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you telling me that I could have been suing my friends all of these years?

Damn, I missed out on a lot of money.:laughing:

But really, who sues their friend?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If you got hurt on my boat and asked mentioned I would be paying, you would be swimming.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,285 Posts
All true, but what if?...

That "friend" decided to sue?

Jim

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
Biggest problem is money is the root of all evil. Money and friends and family do not mix. Money is overrated.....

·
Registered
810 Posts
he didnt really specify if it was a friend. i agree though if you fall because of a wave thats just part of fishing.

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
Well, for starters ... you're gonna need witnesses who will give a statement.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
If it were my friend I would feel obligated to help with any medical bills he acquired, not talking about filling someones pocket with money. Some people do not have medical insurance, and we all know how over priced doctor visits go. I would be taking my friend for the visit myself and yes I would feel obligated to do so.

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
This is by far the funniest reply....I could see it "I hurt my back and may need to see a doctor, can you help me out I don't have insurance" "yea sure here ya go they call it Hydro therapy LATER!!" funny scenerio
You have an appointment with Dr. Jones.......

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I have a good friend who hurt his back during a Tuna firedrill on mine. All we could figure is he just twisted the wrong way during the fight. It was winter time and the seas were a good 4', so he had a long ride back to shore. I would've gladly backed his story if he made a claim. Luckily, he is retired AF and also Civil Service so he has great insurance benefits...:turned:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts