Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have noticed oil leaking out of my motor a 80s model Yamaha 200 and have found that the leak is comming from the little ass small lines going into the oil pump. Tried very small zip ties but still leaks through. New lines are about $30 a piece and are a pain.

Should I try to fix or say to heck with it and disconnect the oil pump and pre mix? If I need to disconnect can someone please give me detailed instructions on how?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Those lines are a bit of a pain to replace, but I would replace them before I would pre-mix my oil. Especially on a Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they are tiny but are there any type of clamps or Jesus clips that would fit on them?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
There is suppose to be a little squeeze clamp on them. Part number 90468-07M02. They are $2.66 each and I have 12 in stock.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hummm wasnt any squeeze clamps on mine, let me check and see how many I need, I remember at least 6. Are the hoses individual or can I buy a roll of hose and cut my own?

·
Registered
782 Posts
you can use tygon line, from most any small engine shop. sos has the jesus clamps. all you need then is a six pack and a xanax to calm your nerves. get after it!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Are you sure the oil line is not blocked, if it is, then it will cause it to leak. also the check valves can stop flowing. Have you checked for a very small crack in the line at the oil fitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts