Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that an oil boom has been placed around "Project Greenshores". That's great for that project. However, wouldn't it be more prudent to concentrate efforts at Pensacola Pass to prevent the oil from getting into the sound in the first place. I am sure the this is not an oversight. I would expect that the Pass will be strictly controlled once the oil arrives.

Anyone in the know care to share any information?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
On the way back in from cobia fishing yesterday it looked likethe Coast Guard were begining to stage some oil booms at the pass...they may have even set them up already, we didn't hang around to see. They also already had the little are behind Mcrae (the no motor zone) sealed off already.

·
Registered
549 Posts
We came back through the Pensacola pass last night and did not see anything it was just us and a boat parked on the Mass. There was a C.G cutter parked on the west across from Sherman's cove on the ICW. But she has been parked there in the past. Gene

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've heard the booms you see in the Pensacola area now are for the jet fuel spill that occurred near Innerarity Point. No confirmation, but that would make sense.

WayneO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts