Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss has a 1990 21’ offshore yacht he use to run. It’s been sitting for a while and wants it gone. Motor had some issues and deck is soft. Currently not running. I don’t know anymore about it. It needs tires and said I can have it. It’s titled. Anyone know anything about these boats? I’m going to look at it today and take some pictures.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
The best thing to do if someone tries to give you a free boat is to knee them in the crotch and get away as fast as you can to a well lit area, cause you are about to get F'd.

Based on what you have described, I would pass. Without engines a boat is just a big chunk of wood and fiberglass and if the core is gone...well there just ain't much to work with. I've tried to resurrect a couple myself and it's a loosing, costly, continuous battle.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK good advice. I’m gonna go look at it here in a few minutes and will share some pictures. It does have a title and a nice trailer. There should be value there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pressure Washer would do a lot for it!!!!! And it has a SS prop.... Do what Play'N Hooky said "knee them in the crotch and get away as fast as you can to a well lit area, cause you are about to get F'd."

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,153 Posts
It's worth what the trailer is worth. Good bet the transom and stringers are rotten. Motor might be fixable, not worth hardly anything if it is good. Old gas hog. Run Forrest, Run!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay appreciate the honest feedback. I forgot to say the boat is FREE. Would it be worth to bring it home. I live in the country. Clean it up and have a boat guy give me an honest opinion on it? Walking on the deck I only felt a few soft spots. The boat was sea worthy up to around 5 years ago when he had motor issues. He said it took waves like a dream. The boat is basic so seems easy to work on. It’s a wide boat with lots of deck space. if I pulled up floor I could determine extent of damage? Transom felt extremely Solid. Worst case I could sell trailer and a few parts....????

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
If you have the time and money to spend,it would be a great way to learn everything you need to know about boats. Sounds like you may have already made up your mind. If you realize it's too much, a chainsaw would always make short work of it at any point.(y)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you have the time and money to spend,it would be a great way to learn everything you need to know about boats. Sounds like you may have already made up your mind. If you realize it's too much, a chainsaw would always make short work of it at any point.(y)
Yep I have chainsaw tractor grapple . I can make it In to small pieces. Or, cut the bow off and bury it And plant flowers

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Skill saw and sawZall would be better than a chainsaw. I have watched plenty of build threads on another boating site. The boats are never worth what the owner puts into them.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Yep I have chainsaw tractor grapple . I can make it In to small pieces. Or, cut the bow off and bury it And plant flowers
Well, there you go.;)

I'm not familiar with that brand of boat, but if it has a solid hull (not cored) then you could just gut the thing and make it into what ever you want it to be. It's a blank slate. Just keep you expectations reasonable and know when to cut your losses, cuz like Murf said, you'll never get out of it $$$-wise anything close to what you'll put into it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts