Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I had Greg and his friend in from minnesota on monday. They were after tuna but with the tuna bite being off a little we started out with wahoo. Greg got his first wahoo early in the morning. A nice 45 or so pounder on a bass pro imitation marauder. We trolled around the lump with no more hits before we anchored up and just pounded the bonitos. We couldnt get a bait more then 2-3 feet out before a bonito would nail it. We gave up on the chunking and went back to trolling and landed two more nice wahoo on marauders before we called it a day. They had a nice vacation in La. At least they didnt have to shovel any snow.<P style="MARGIN: 0px"><P style="MARGIN: 0px">

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice job I am going over in February with the hope that the tuna bite is own. This will be the fourth year in a row. Last year was the best yet. One yellow fin was 191lbs. When it was all said and done with we had over six hundred lbs of tuna.

4,058 Posts
Sig (1/3/2008) When it was all said and done with we had over six hundred lbs of tuna.
how many fish made up 600 pounds? if you're talkin say, 4 fish, the average weight of each tuna was 150#, which is what you call a "stud." Either way, 600 pounds of yellowfin is an asswhuppin.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We didnt weigh him. That was one of the few chunks we snuck past a bonito actually thought it was a tuna when I had deep color on him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts