Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Kayak Noob
28 Carolina Classic - outboard swap in progress
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's up to head offshore this weekend? I've been out dragging dusters a few times this week off Perdido beach, and having some great results! I actually hooked up with my first sailfish about a half mile offshore, but unfortunately he spit the hook before I could get him in close.

I've been rolling solo, so I've been reluctant to head out any considerable distance. So, anyone want to get out there? I'm still sort of a noob to the area (and to kayak fishing in general), but im learning fast and am fully outfitted. I just need some guidance on where to go! I'd love to drop some baits and get some snapper and cobia, and it'd be great to run into some mahi or another sail. I'm up for anything.

Who's in?

·
Red Solo Kayak
1,269 Posts
If you can get onto Johnson's beach launch from there. Otherwise the first or second public beaches on the eastern end of period before you get to Johnson's beach. There's a artificial "reef" that is called the fish haven. Plenty of fish around there

·
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
1,503 Posts
Possibly going to hit Navarre Saturday, but I'll make my decision tomorrow. Haven't been out in a while, so I need to make it out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Offshore Sat

My wife, a buddy and I are looking to hit Navarre Saturday as well. We were thinking not far from the pier. If anyone that is going wouldn't mind a little company let me know time and place.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My wife, a buddy and I are looking to hit Navarre Saturday as well. We were thinking not far from the pier. If anyone that is going wouldn't mind a little company let me know time and place.
I'll be in a ivory dune (kinda white) Hobie tandem with my neice riding shotgun. We will launch at the east end of the pier parking lot sometime between 0700-0800 if we are able to leave the house on time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Since I got this friends yak a couple months ago, I have only been in the sound. Unfortunately, I have a military deployment this w/e until the 23rd but when I return, I would like to go with some folks. Can someone provide me a list of needed items so I can prepare AND is a 12' Cobra Fish'N Dive - paddle powered - large enough to go out offshore?

·
Spec-yakular!
798 Posts
Yea im with you captgoody id love if some body would post a list of must haves to fish off shore in a yak! Used to fish off shore all the time but i was always in a boat!

·
Kayak Noob
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bo, lets hit perdido tomorrow morning. What time do you want to meet up?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'll be in a ivory dune (kinda white) Hobie tandem with my neice riding shotgun. We will launch at the east end of the pier parking lot sometime between 0700-0800 if we are able to leave the house on time.
Well unfortunately my buddy has to work mids tonight and is not going to get off early like we planned, therefore we are pushing to Sunday. THere is a greater chance of rain but if it is clear in the a.m. we are going for it. So now if anyone is getting at Navarre Sunday we would like the company.

·
Kayak Noob
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What time are people heading out of navarre tomorrow?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well unfortunately my buddy has to work mids tonight and is not going to get off early like we planned, therefore we are pushing to Sunday. THere is a greater chance of rain but if it is clear in the a.m. we are going for it. So now if anyone is getting at Navarre Sunday we would like the company.
It was to rough to go out Saturday but my neice picked up a load of shells and driftwood. We spent the rest of the day exploring Eglin reservation. Buck Pond is full of stumps but Boiling Creek was great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts