I think we're going to give it a shot Fri and Sat hopefully. Thinking of starting North of the nipple in shallower water and trolling to 131 then elbow. We'll be on channel 68, the Bella, if any of yall want to give a shout. It's a 26' cuddy w/ red bimini.Hope to see yall out there.
If the weather is good I will be heading out on saturday, I am new to the deep water fishing so I am not sure where I will be going, I have done some bottom fishing at the edge a few times with mixed results but I would like to go out to a rig and see how the fishing is there.
Thought I'd be heading to the rigs this afternoon; however, the forecast has changed a bit. Now, it's looking like I'll be heading out tomorrow. I might make an afternoon run to the hundred fathom line. I'll be on both 68 and 72.
We made plans to go offshore today too. We got everything ready to roll yesterday then checked the weather last night before we went to bed and saw the bad news. We are however gonna go out and try some nearshore fishingin a few hours - windsupposed to die down apincharound noon.
Magic, we saw you a couple of miles south of the edge, near the anchored shrimp boat. Looked like ya'll were calling it a day as we could see you bringing your outriggers in. We were the 27' World Cat (Purrdy Cat) we had a decent day caught a nice wahoo right after we saw ya'll.