Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son, Chris, and four fellow members of the Western Kentucky swim team got inafter midnight last night so we got a late start at 10 this morning.The four had never fished in salt water before and it turned out to bea good day to start.The 1st spot was about9 miles out. We cruised around for about5 minutes before marking a lot of fish anddropping the marker bouy.The bite was steadywith much larger than average endangered red snapper, barely short AJ's,some lane snapper andone nice sized redfish. On my first drop I useda butterfly jig & got a short AJ. There were several times when all 5 kids hadfish on at the same time. After a couple of hours with a steady bite and with the seas flattening out, we decided to move to theOriskany to try for something larger. We were surprised to be the only boat there and the bite with AJ's was very good, though most were short. When we left at 3:30 there were 5 other boats and everyoneseemed to becatching. The broiled AJ with seasoned sauteed shrimp and crabmeat dressing was outstanding. The kids want to come back on June1 for the opening of snapper season.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks like a great time was had by all catching the highly endangered ARS. Great pictures thanks for the report.

Team Recess

Rob

·
Registered
549 Posts
What a great trip it was. I am sure they will remember that trip forever. And good on you for taking the time to show them a great day.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice job!!!!

We saw you all out there I think, Yellow hull maybe. We were in the white Robalo CC.

I remeber seeing a bunch of shirtless young men having alot of fun!!!

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
It sure is ashame that snapper are so hard to come by.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott (Rundover) - Yes, that was us in the yellow Pursuit 2570. I recognized your boat from the big "O" in the post immediately. Those kids just got back from taking 1st place at the Sun Belt Conference swimming championship in Nashville. With the exception of my son they had never fished saltwater or caught anything larger than a crappie and thoseAJ's wore them out.They all slept 12 hours Saturday night. Of course,the old man (me) made like I wasn't tired at all.

Bill D.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
evacuee (3/7/2010)Scott (Rundover) - Yes, that was us in the yellow Pursuit 2570. I recognized your boat from the big "O" in the post immediately. Those kids just got back from taking 1st place at the Sun Belt Conference swimming championship in Nashville. With the exception of my son they had never fished saltwater or caught anything larger than a crappie and thoseAJ's wore them out.They all slept 12 hours Saturday night. Of course,the old man (me) made like I wasn't tired at all.

Bill D.
Congrats to them in regard to their swimming!!!! :clap

Also glad you showed them you weren't tired!!!!!:shedevil

I think you are in the background of 1 of the pictures on my offshore report. If it is, (I'm almost positive) I'll e-mail a higher res picture.

Glad you took them fishin,they were definitely having fun!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts