Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed out with my uncle and cousin on sunday morning out of orange beach. based on sat imagery and saturday reports ran out southeast of nipple to find some good water. found some great looking water and found the rips but there was not much going on. lot of small green pieces beneath the surface and nothing else. figured they were broken up or maybe it was further south and i didnt put enough gas in the boat to go running all over the place. so we put out lines for a little while but no luck. luckily we never found any oil and we were as far as 20 nm sse of nipple. not much bait in the area so we headed north to see if we came across anything else. came across a small patch witha little debris andthe chicken dolphin came calling. the action was fast and we caught a mess pretty quick.pulledup two dolphinoutof the bunch that were just a little bigger than the rest. stopped at a couple more patches but no life around. stopped at a new bottom spot and pulledup akeeper red grouper on a crazy fish.it was dead calm and hot ashell but the current was ripping hard. not muchelse biting so weran toan old grouperhole. gothitsimmediately and it feltlike the jerk jerk of them dang red snapper. to our surprise it was a monster b-liner.got about halfdozen more that were all that size. definitely the biggest mess of them i have found out there. some more chickens came by to check us out and then the bonita came through sothe action wasnonstop for a little while. called it a day and had a nice calm cruise on the way in.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
NICE CATCH.LOOKING AT ALL THESE REPORTS MAKES ME WANT TO CALL IN SICK..WITH "THE FEVER".

·
Registered
549 Posts
OH heck yea. Those are the biggest mingo I have ever seen. You hit the mother load for sure. Some times trolling around will drive you crazy. But what a way to spend your day. Glad everyone had a great day out there. Thanks for the post and pictues. Gene

·
Super Moderator
29,276 Posts
Very nice box of fish....A few good dinners there!:toast

·
Registered
468 Posts
Nice Mingos and assorted catch! SHUR KETCH II has been loading up on Mingo each time we go out, but no "footballs". Great Report...cheers, john

·
Registered
332 Posts
nice box of fish. hopefully the nice water wer have stays for a while where everyone can get out and give it a go with the pelagics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts