Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else besides me watching the marine forecast for tomorrow and wondering if there will be an opportunity to run to the edge? Or is it wishful/crazy thinking...?

Today...West winds 25 to 30 knots decreasing to 20 to 25 knots. Seas 7 to 10 feet.

Tonight...West winds around 20 knots becoming northwest around 15 knots. Seas 6 to 9 feet subsiding to 4 to 6 feet late.

Monday...North winds around knots decreasing to around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet.

Monday Night...Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots becoming northeast around 10 knots early in the morning. Seas 1 to 2 feet.

Mark

·
Registered
549 Posts
Mark It may be just a little to bumpy monday. Plus at the edge it will be rougher because of the current shift in that area. If you can get off tuesday should be the day to be out there. Just a thought. Gene

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Came down to do boat maintanence etc.... for the weekend. Looking out over the gulf now and it is just plain nasty!! cold rough and windy! Not a day to be offshore!! The sun will be here soon! (I hope!)

MSyellowfin

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I am hoping the forcecast iswrong and the wind will start to calm earlier than predicted.Tuesday looks like the day to go... but of course work prevents a Tuesday trip.

I'm going to watch the buoy observations and forcast throughout the day and make a final decisiontonight.

Mark

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Latest Reefcast Ensemble from www.Florida-Offshore.com:::

Reefcast is showinga crappy tomorrow morning offshore, but calming thru the day... & Gene Recessis right on about checking ur currents beforehand too. FWIW,I wouldn't makea final decision until tomorrow morning at least,keepwatchof the reefcast update & buoy reading tomorrow a.m.

Good luck if you go! Unfortunately Tues does look beautiful but we can't go either :(

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buoy report still showing 19kts of wind and 6+ ft wave height as of 6:50 pm. Tomorrow afternoon looks doable but I

am going to wuss out on a morning trip.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
It was beautiful out there...got to go for a few hrs...out of Destin. Got really annoyed by the undersized Ajs and lots of red snappers as usual...no grouper...no keepers...we just were on 100' of water ..thats why...it was nice to get out there though.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up going as well. and you are right it turned out to bea nice day. the catching wasn't as good as the fishing but I filed a report anyway in the offshore section.

Mark

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Glad to hear someone got out. Damn work just keeps getting in the way of my fishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts