Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The second NKFC tournament will be held on May 14th, 2016. If the forecast fails to cooperate, the tournament will be switched to inshore. If so, the details will be discussed at the Captain's Meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm interested in it...just don't know if I would be able to attend the captains meeting at 7 pm. I'm not 100% sure what shift I will be working around then so I don't know if I would be off work or not

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No trolled saturday and sunday in navarre and only got a small Spanish, bonito, remoras. But did get a cobia

I didn't catch a King either.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The one Jgatorman posted a few weeks ago is the only 1 I've heard of from a yak so far this year. I sure didn't see any this past weekend...my Lowrance was reading water temp at 69.8. Maybe needs a couple more degrees to get em moving in thick

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
I will fish it. I was supposed to pick up the wife from the airport but she can walk home. I trolled a huge hardtail all day Sunday and nothing (I talked to u on the beach Sunday I had the gray native with the landing gear).

·
Registered
386 Posts
There's less then a week until the tournament. Has anyone found a King Mackerel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We caught a couple between 24-30" a couple weekends ago in Destin and had a few more of similar size slip the hook near the kayak. A guy at work showed me pics of one he caught off Santa Rosa that was 35" IIRC. More spanish and Bonito around right now it seems. Definitely not hearing about many monsters like Jgatorman's smoker.

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Nick;

I'm down for inshore.

Reds, trout or mixed bag?
What's da rules my man?

Bruce, it's an IF right now.

However, IF it gets changed the tournament will be:

Longest Aggregate Slam. (Slot - Redfish, Flounder, Trout)

Detail would be discussed at the Captains Meeting.

I would like as much input as possible from everyone on changing it from offshore to inshore.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts