Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just wanted to share another video montage. This one has some pretty good scenes and pics if you like Yak fishing!

Please hit the Like button if you enjoyed the video. All comments and questions are welcome! -JJ

:thumbup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful video. I just started kayak fishing a couple a weeks ago, and am looking forward to getting that good at it! The over-the-shoulder shots are awesome!
Thanks! We just started Yak fishing last year. We used to do a lot of pier fishing. I saw a youtube video by an aussie guy catching a black marlin and their Spanish Mackerel on Kayak. That video inspired me to get into Kayak fishing!

-JJ

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Pimpfist we need to fish together some time homie. How old is your boy? I have a 6 year old daughter that I have been wanting to take out in the gulf but I'm just maybe a little too over protective.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pimpfist we need to fish together some time homie. How old is your boy? I have a 6 year old daughter that I have been wanting to take out in the gulf but I'm just maybe a little too over protective.
Hi Disco! Isiah is 12 years old. He started Yak fishing at 11 years old but did a lot of pier fishing for spanish and kings before hand so he knows what he's doing fishing-wise.

We would love to meet up with you for some Yak fishing sometime. I can PM you my facebook or cell number. We are planning on going Sunday afternoon with another buddy or ours if the winds aren't too bad! -JJ

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Nice video !!!!!!!!! I gotta learn how to edit mine. Ive got an hour and half of me sitting there and catching one king !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not very exciting. What program you use ?? Nice catch by the way

Scott

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice video !!!!!!!!! I gotta learn how to edit mine. Ive got an hour and half of me sitting there and catching one king !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not very exciting. What program you use ?? Nice catch by the way

Scott
Thanks parrothead!

Ok i'm about to share my video editing secret lol. I use a piece of software called Nero Video 2014. I've tried higher end stuff like Sony Vegas, Premiere, After Effects, etc because I was trying to get some cool slow motion. That stuff is great software but takes a lot more time to use than I have (i'd rather be rigging gear and fishing!).

Nero video is as easy to use as Windows movie maker (very intuitive) and has the slow motion with frame interpolation and motion estimation similar to the "Twixtor" plugin.
Basically, the software estimates what a new frame will look like in between your original frames to keep the video smooth when you slow it wayyyy down.
You can't get as slow as Twixtor but you can get 10X slow motion with 1 click!!

On their site,they charge $39.99 for the software but I downloaded and started using the trial and got a popup saying if I purchased online it would be $24.99.

If I had a Mac, I would learn to use Final Cut Pro. It has a feature called "Optical Flow" that is simply badass! I keep spending money of fishing gear so I can't afford a Mac right now!

If you want smooth slow motion make sure you are capturing in at least 60 fps and give this software a try!

Hope that helps... -JJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts