Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out just before daylight Friday morning to do some jigging. Before now I've only been as far out in my boat as the 3 barges and have done some Cobia nearshore fishing last year.... Decided to try some deeper water about 25 miles out and do some jigging and had an awesome day. Hit a dozen or so spots 70-95 ft of water, most of them were loaded with bull reds, couldn't get out of em. Caught 26 bull reds between two anglers, 2 undersized grouper, 3 lane snapper, 1 black snapper, 14 undersized AJ's (two were actually of size but we didn't know to measure from fork and were measuring from tail, regardless they were close enough to throw back), 1 king mac (surprise), 2 sea robins, of course a few red snapper (and one very big one) and a keeper trigger... here's a couple photos (sorry about the on-the-water quality, they are phone pics - didn't have the camera until back at the dock).... the water was super SLICK 10+ miles out, awesome day.

(needless to say, I'm now addicted to jigging)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I was in the cat... didn't reconize you.

Nice mess of fish!

And yes jigging is very addictive!

Thanks for the report with pics

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Sounds like you had a blast anyway.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Definitely a beautiful day to be out there regardless of the size and numbers of what was caught. Looks like you had a great time. Good luck in the future.

·
Super Moderator
29,553 Posts
Looks like you had a great day...too bad the weather is gonna go downhill this weekend...:banghead Congrats :letsdrink

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
fishing here in the panhandle is awesome welcome to the offshore world of jigging! who needs live bait when they eat metal just fine! will be seeing you out there!

fish on!

scot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts