Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday, the United States Coast Guard and NOAA seized nearly 8,000 pounds of illegally caught fish from the 62-foot fishing vessel Blue Fin in Dulac, Louisiana on Tuesday. The Dulac-based vessel Blue Fin crew was allegedly using live bait and was cited for other fishery violations approximately 90 miles off the Louisiana coast. :censored::censored::censored:

http://gcaptain.com/government-officials-bust-crew/

http://gcaptain.com/

·
Registered
326 Posts
They have been too close to the beach for one thing @ 80' from swimmers/shore and they are supposed to be gone by daylight, which they are not. Worst thing is that they do not have a limit on weight for the Spanish Mackerel or the mullet, and can do so with a whopping 100.00 license. Thank goodness there is a creel limit on the Spanish for recreational fishermen.......................... What a CROCK!

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,666 Posts
I Like It.... If you are gonna be an outlaw GO LARGE!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Long Lines

How are they supposed to catch them ? Im not familiar with "long lines"
These are literally 'trot lines' that extend for miles. They are deadly and catch everything.

We ran across a Japanese Long Line boat out in the Gulf one time and the boat was literally festooned with fish skulls and bills.

I also saw my first circle hook which they used. I couldn't see how it could possibly catch a fish! C2

·
Registered
486 Posts
That figures it was Louisiana. What bunch of jackasses. Either overcatching, overbagging, or littering the highways. Makes one embarassed to say where you are from.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
These are literally 'trot lines' that extend for miles. They are deadly and catch everything.

We ran across a Japanese Long Line boat out in the Gulf one time and the boat was literally festooned with fish skulls and bills.

I also saw my first circle hook which they used. I couldn't see how it could possibly catch a fish! C2
Next time u run up on a long line, reach down and "snip it" with cutter pliers! LOL

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,666 Posts
Next time u run up on a long line, reach down and "snip it" with cutter pliers! LOL
Your not gonna be able to "snip" that cable with cutter pliers unless you have an ROV and a hydraulic cutter... Those lines don't float, just one big bouy marker on the end of it keeps it suspended as the boat moves and the winch keeps pressure on the line. The boat controls the depth of the line.....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Japanese and other's Longlines

If you could do so, you would have to without their seeing you, because some of those boats are heavily armed.

Ever heard of fish pirates? I have. C2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.