Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
so, how did this work? you started an off topic in the general discussion section.
your off topic was 'where is the off topic section'.
where's the problem?
jack
Jack...what you are getting is a glimpse in fast forward of how media controls speech and ideas. Shift certain speech to Politics section .

When politics were discussed in the Off Topics section, they were either deleted or swapped into the Politics section.

Then, common words were banned from use. You can say cuss words, but descriptive words...like red-neck...were banned for not being politically correct.

People started posting more items in Off Topic that our northern ( liberal) Canadian brethren didn't like. Off Topic was shifted to a pay section. The forum rules say general is for fishing only...so now anything the Canucks don't like can just be deleted on the grounds it wasn't about fishing.

For now, only paying members can start a discussion in Religion, Off Topic and Politics, but we can still comment. Don't look for that to last long.

Meanwhile, the Canucks are too busy trying to control what we say to pay attention to the scammers, bots and phishers that keep invading the forum now.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree that folks who have had it are good to go. I would still choose the vaccine, but have absolutely no issues with covid survivors not getting the shot. Not trying to derail. Sorry.
I dub thee Darth Vaxxer.

·
Registered
9,735 Posts
Got moved down with politics. Now you have to be a paying member to start new post there. Notice a big drop in forum use now.
Other than the $9.99 a year or 99 cents a month, I’ve never seen anything that shows a price for joining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
Other than the $9.99 a year or 99 cents a month, I’ve never seen anything that shows a price for joining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that for premium members like John B?

·
Super Moderator
13,135 Posts
90% of the "off topic" conversation belongs in Politics or Religion anyways... someone obviously thought it best to lump them all together at the bottom... truth be told, I didn't know about the change until I saw this post, but I have zero problems with it. This is a fishing forum, not a Politics and Religion forum.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,399 Posts
Seriously, can we find out who made the change and why? Who even owns the forum now? We need a place for general BS. This forum only has a handful of really active members as it is.
Right at the bottom of the page here.

·
Bearded Brotula
12,951 Posts
Seriously, can we find out who made the change and why? Who even owns the forum now? We need a place for general BS. This forum only has a handful of really active members as it is.
It wasn't the mods. They really don't care that much and don't get paid to drive paid membership.

·
Super Moderator
13,135 Posts
Yeah... if anyone I assumes I care at all. take your jokes to the comedy club.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 108 Posts