Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m about out of Hot Spots seasoning and I’m looking to try something new. What’s your go to seasoning for ribeyes, chicken, pork, etc? Do you have one seasoning thats good enough that it can be used on all meats and some veggies?

thanks

· Registered
7,365 Posts
McCormicks Montreal Seasoning. I put that shit on everything. Steaks, chicken, veggies, chicken wings, etc. Haven't tried it on fish yet.

· Registered
4,367 Posts
I know this is not the question, but what I’ve been doing is keep a big aluminum shaker of a mix of 2 parts salt, one part each, pepper and garlic. Then I go from there, add smoked paprika, brown sugar, cayenne, white pepper, onion, whatever seems right for what I’m making, makes it so I can tweak it easier than starting with a commercial rub. But full disclosure, I have a cabinet of all kinds of seasoning mixes and rubs, including some I really like.

· Registered
3,856 Posts
Oakridge Bbq, meat church, hardcore carnivore, heath riles, Malcom reed all have great rubs!
I think oak ridge is going out of business though by end of the year though. Highly recommend all these rubs.

· Registered
7,365 Posts
Southern Flavor.
Many folks don't know that Southern Flavor is made right here in Selma, Alabama! Started as a project for Boy Scouts to earn for their troops. Grew from there. It is good stuff. They mix it up in a stainless concrete mixer. The Boy Sprouts still bottle it far as I know. Good people.

· Registered
3,365 Posts
Many folks don't know that Southern Flavor is made right here in Selma, Alabama! Started as a project for Boy Scouts to earn for their troops. Grew from there. It is good stuff. They mix it up in a stainless concrete mixer. The Boy Sprouts still bottle it far as I know. Good people.
I knew the Selma part but, not the rest. Cool story

· Registered
74 Posts
Some good suggestions. I like the Killer Hogs AP seasoning, Hardens is great and also the Southern Flavor Charbroil seasoning. I really like the Lisa's Steak Rub (LSR). The Butcher Shoppe carries all the aforementioned with the exception of Hardens.

· Registered
303 Posts
i use a lot of southern , but Daddy D's was the best for pork (they went out of business) yesterday i fried some wings with Slap ya momma and it was good ( can't find Cajun Shake anymore) Slap yo Mammas will be all over my turkey thursday prior to frying !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts