Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my buddy daniel went off the beach sunday with absolutley no luck...idk we fished the bottom with cigs and shrimp and we trolled for a little while with some cigs to...we where out for about 5 to 6 hours....what am i doin wrong?

·
Registered
50 Posts
This time of year, I wouldn't expect you to catch much trolling near the beach. You also mentioned that you dropped cigs to the bottom. This may be a dumb question but were you over a wreck or rocky bottom or just blindly dropping bait on sand? If you were over a wreck such as a many of the public spots I can't imagine you didn't at least catch a bunch of ARS. I'm not the best for Pensacola Fishing knowledge but just my .02

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It definitley helps to have some kind of bottom Gps numbers and a fishfinder on board your kayakto get on the fish. Some people have some Gps numbers that are very productive for them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we where fishing some pier rubble that someone told me about(strictly hear-say) that was to the left of p'cola pier idk maby it's not even there.:banghead but i'll give it a try some other day.....how much does a decent gps run?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I kind of wish I had gotten a simple TRAX gps. These guys that do geo caching hunts use these a lot. They are waterproof and not too much money. Go to Ebay and check it out. I think around a $100 or less for a handheld waterproof and they float and are yellow colored.

·
Registered
931 Posts
that rubble is there but only like a hundred yards from shore its not that far ive only heard of divers seeing aquarium fish and baby snapper and grouper on it. also at times it gets covered up by sand

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanx for all the info i really want some warm weather to get there and bring some kings and spanish with it!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I've dove/snorkeled that rubble a few times. I was diving with a spearfishing buddy of mine a couple years ago in March and it was covered in sheepshead. My buddy speared a couple decent sized ones and tried to hand off the stringer to me since I wasn't carrying anything. Of course I folded my arms and shook my head emphatically considering the size of a few sharks I've seen around that area before. If anyone knows Walter (the approx. 12foot great hammerhead) then they would have done so also.

The rubble is only about halfway down the pier, so it sounds like you guys where too far out. It's only 12-16ft deep, depending on tide, but there should be sheepies on it this time of year. Did you see any birds diving on the horizon? There should be little tunny out there.

Alex

P.s. Check your PMs.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there werent to many birds we seen a few but we made the assumption it was bait fish seeing as how there was a very few number of birds....i really want the weather to warm up and this water to clear up as well...so i can see a little better....i'll probably dive that area when it does and check it out a little more....

pm's checked

1 - 9 of 9 Posts