Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sucks, I have been anxiously waiting to make my first offshore trip for about two months now and finally when I am actually going to be in Pensacola the weather turns to crap. Unfortunately, Sunday and possibly Monday morning are the only days I can fish.

Yall have good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
News just said 4-6' rolling in, 3 boats flipped over in Destin pass....but on the west coast their swell is always 4-6' and yaks routinely launch in HUGE surf. But just in case I'll throw some light gear in the truck for inshore.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
News just said 4-6' rolling in, 3 boats flipped over in Destin pass....but on the west coast their swell is always 4-6' and yaks routinely launch in HUGE surf. But just in case I'll throw some light gear in the truck for inshore.
The difference between swells that big on the west coast and down here is that over there they are fifteen plus seconds apart. More like just going up and down small rolling hills made of water. You can time it to get over the area where the waves are breaking pretty easily. Here they are stacked one on top of the other and make things far more rough especially where the waves are breaking. Good luck getting through the surf zone with three second intervals.

I just left Navarre pier for an after dinner walk and it was pretty rough. Not as bad as this morning but still too rough to even think about launching a yak. Swell watch was calling for one to twos but now they are saying one to threes.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Not going to make it tomorrow . Something came up . Plus it looks like its going to be a crappy day. Damn I hate the rain!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts