Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, but why hasn't that little pier been fixed yet? I live on the beach and would always see several people fishing on it. Since Isaac, it has sat there with several boards missing and the entrance is boarded up. Is it the city of gulf breeze who would be fixing this?

Sent from my LG G2X using Forum Runner

·
Registered
80 Posts
Estimated cost of $51,000 to repair it. They don't have money to fix it. They asked FEMA for money and got turned down. Probably will never get fixed if I had to guess.

·
Super Moderator
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$51000? Those boards sure are expensive!

·
Super Moderator
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's Gulf Breeze. They're fancy boards.
Oh yes I forgot ... as many speeding tickets as those crooks write in GB they should be able to make the money in no time! I noticed they put another traffic camera in front of GB Baptist hospital.

·
Your mom's a
6,788 Posts
Jesus. Another one! And a new light down by Winn Dixie.

It'll be 5 mph from my house to the bridge before long.

·
Registered
447 Posts
They can only give speeding tickets to those speeding and the red light tickets to those who run red lights.
I've always thought the main reason crime was lower here in Gulf Breeze was that the locals (from Pensacola) knew GB wouldn't put up with it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
After reading my post it does sound a little elitist.............. what I meant is that the locals know if you speed in GB you WILL get ticketed, and crime is lower because of the police presence.

·
Registered
905 Posts
After reading my post it does sound a little elitist.............. what I meant is that the locals know if you speed in GB you WILL get ticketed, and crime is lower because of the police presence.

Just makin a joke here but....Cervantes has a big police presence but go drive down that road and tell me the crime rate is low!

·
Super Moderator
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah if you're speeding you'll get caught, but I know of several boats that have been stolen a few blocks from the police station. To me it seems like they are more concerned with writing speeding tickets than watching over the neighborhood.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Seems to me, that we as a community of fishermen, could come together and raise the funds neccessary to fix the pier. I personally have never fished it, mainly because there is always people on it. But I would donate $20 to the cause. It would take less than 2,500 people, who would donate the same or more. I am always for places to fish, and support all who love the sport as much as I do. We all know GB can afford to fix it, they just have other priorities. I say to heck with them, and lets fix it ourselves. If anyone know how to go about getting this done, let me know. Ive got my donation ready. I will even volunteer my time to help rebuild it. O*D*W

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Id be willing to bet that the pier companies have a government bid price and a civilian residential price for the same work.

·
Super Moderator
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I find it hard to believe there is actually $51,000 in damage.. I havent looked close up at it but It doesnt seem all that bad off. I bet it comes down to some City code it has to be in compliance with. Probably gonna tare down the hole thing and start over to be "safe" enough to fish.
X2! I haven't looked close either, and I am in no way an expert dock builder.... but it is literally about 20 boards that are missing.

Typical government BS.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Actually, the bid was to raise the pier up so that it wouldn't suffer as much damage, the bid to depart what's there is much lower I believe.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I know someone that climbed on it and said there was no damage at the end.only a couple of boards missing at the foot.it looms like a two thousand dollar repair from what i could see.i didnt see if there was damage at the end though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts