Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that fish out of perdido pass. Whats the secret to catching bait? Ive been having trouble here lately. throwing an assortment of sabikis (smallest i could find, some red and some green beads) around the west jetty and bouy and have been having a really hard time loading up the livewell. Last weekend there were massive schools of bait right near the bridge on the gulf side and I couldnt get them to bite anything.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I use # 6 sabiki with green beads and do well. Move west down the beach and look for schools of bait. Sometimes they don’t bite well and I move on to find more. I tip my sabiki s with shrimp at the jetties and catch pin fish also.. look for obstructions on your chart plotter and check those for bait too.

·
Registered
515 Posts
When I’m fishing for cigars and ly’s I barely jig it up and down. Kinda bump it up and down. I move it up and down in the water column until I find a steady bite..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sometimes the current in Perdido Pass is really moving and you may need a larger weight to get the sabiki down to the fish, and to keep it in the zone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts