Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, this time it wasn't Josh. I actually got to pull the trigger. So here's the story. Last Saturday my brother and I spent the afternoon hanging 6 stands on Eglin for this weekend's kid hunt. It is a family affair for us...my dad, brother, uncle, and the kids. Everything was working as planned...my uncle even had the ham in the smoker so we could have a big lunch in between hunts...until yesterday when most of Eglin was announced closed. Not to be deterred, I drove out this afternoon to an open section and hung some more stands. Went in blind and did the best I could. I still needed one more hang on stand, so I went to my friends place to grab it out of a tree. It was 4:30 when I got there so I figured I might as well sit a few minutes in a shooting house. About 5:10, 4 does popped into the field. I eased the rifle up and let her eat. 2nd neck shot this year and I think I like it. She dropped and didn't move. Inside was shredded. . Overall, I'm glad to bbe able to pull the trigger. house.

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
and I was so excited for the young man .
Soooooo your family gets to watch you gobble up the last bite again? :thumbup:
Sad to say I have the perfect hunting land and haven't hunted a single time this year.
Old ? Lazy ? Cold? =D/ all the above ?

Good on you for doing so much with your family!:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
Awesome Jeff!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts