Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council is asking for public input for Reef Fish Amendment 32 now.

I went by the meeting in Orange Beach last night. Less than a dozen people showed up. Recreational fishermen need to

speak up now. Here are some of the things they are considering.

--Letting commercial guys bring back fish traps to catch reef fish.

--Changing the catch shares. (if you think rec fisherman should get more of less of the total allowable catch you need to speak up)

--Recreational Sector separation.

--Requiring vessel monitoring system on Charter boats. (The commercial boats already have them, if the charter captains have to get them how long will it be before they require the recs to buy one. Once we are the last group left it won't be long.)

If they don't hear form anyone in the rec sector this stuff will go through. Be assured the SOS plan captains and Commercial Fishing boats

have already spoken up.

FAX or WRITE today.

Gulf of Mexico Fishery Managment Council

2203 North Lois Ave, Suite 1100

Tampa Flordia 33607

Fax # 813-348-1711

888-833-1844 toll free.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Fairwaterfishing (1/14/2010)People would rather sit here and bitch than go to some stupid meeting that might make a difference.
Yea well I am a candy A/ keyboard cowboy for it - but the last thingI wanted to do is show up by myself in whatI would consider "the heart"of SOS supporter country (the Orange Beach Charter Association current president and many members are SOS promoters), and bitch aboutSOS.

It used to be Charter For Hire and private recs advocating for rec seasons and bag limits with NMFS (government officials).Look how SOS has fractured us as recreational fisherman.

Mark W

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
their is another meeting in mobile al. on feb. 1-3 the 3 is the day when you can go and give your input. yes we need more people to go and stand up for your fishing rights. or they will take away everything. please come out and say your peace. while you still can do that! please keep this post bumped up for all to read and go.

scot

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any one who can make the Mobile meeting please PM me. I can email you some talking points.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts