Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't lecture me or tell me I gotta get prime or wagu!
Need 9 1.5" TBones. Thinking about sams or maybe oaks. Want good steaks and figuring about $10 - $12 each. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
If you go to publix and axe the meat dude they will cut them to order. Not "prime" but pretty darned good for the money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Butcher Shoppe. They usually have some of the best choice steaks around (and great prime stuff as well). Much better than the choice grade that most chain stores carry.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Get all the guys flank steak. Get yourself a giant wagu steak. Sit back and enjoy yours. Publix has pretty good steaks and grocery outlet in Pcola has good steaks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,229 Posts
Publix will cut "choice" steaks for you.

Dunno if the Butcher Shoppe is cheaper, but "Choice" is "choice".

That whole "Angus" thing is beefshit.

Jim

·
Registered
608 Posts
Run over to costco in Mobile and buy Prime for less than publix. Last time I was there which was about a month ago they had prime ribeye for 7.99 a pound and will cut it for you. I bought prime whole packer briskets for 2.89 a pound.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Support local business. I'd bet a month of paychecks The Butcher Shoppe will be cheaper than Publix and guaranteed to be a better grade of meat. Publix meat is way over priced for what it is.
.......That's what we need on these type threads - advice with a little "meat" to back it up - how much would a month of paychecks be? I'm betting my current wedding/slow business problems may just get solved by my favorite bearded mod.!!

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So here's the deal for anybody interested. Publix custom cut choice 1.5" t bones quantity of 9 - $10.99 per pound
Butcher shop - same exact price
I think butcher shop choice will be better than publix choice so I'll do butcher shop tomorrow
.....and even though technically, the bearded wonder boy owes me a month of paychecks (since the weren't cheaper) I'll let him off the hook since I wouldn't have called if he hadn't stuck his hairy neck out!

·
Super Moderator
19,887 Posts
So here's the deal for anybody interested. Publix custom cut choice 1.5" t bones quantity of 9 - $10.99 per pound
Butcher shop - same exact price
I think butcher shop choice will be better than publix choice so I'll do butcher shop tomorrow
.....and even though technically, the bearded wonder boy owes me a month of paychecks (since the weren't cheaper) I'll let him off the hook since I wouldn't have called if he hadn't stuck his hairy neck out!
Just talked to Kevin. He said he's gonna take care of you. So I win. Get 10 steaks and drop one off at the house for me.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I bought two T-bones from Kevin last weekend. They were red tagged, I paid about $18 for both. You could cut either side of the bone with a fork. Cooked em to MR in a very hot frying pan. Delish.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts