Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my dad and headed to Johnson's Beach. The water was much clearer today than it was two days ago and very little wave action. We had lines in the water by 9:30 and had our first bite in 5 minutes. It turned out to be a nice 17 inch Pompano. No hot action like last time, the bite was slow.A while later my dad caughta bull Whiting on his ultralight outfit. Still not much action and we were thinking of packing up when this guy hit...

Seeing that big Redfish made my dad's day...she was released unharmed. I always love taking my dad out. He taught me to love and respect the outdoors and I'm thankful for that. Here's a picture of the Pompano and Whiting we caught...

Tight lines,

-Jason

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I went out for an hour caught a slot Red! Had two hits take my pole in the water.:banghead First time fishing like that from the beach. I hate sitting and waiting. Nice catch! Mullet were thick in nice pods.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What have you been using for bait--live shrimp and sand fleas?? have you been using a gulf rig or carolina rig for that bull red??

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been using fresh dead shrimp and fleas when I can find them(tough lately). I tie my own rigs using 20-25# flourocarbon, appropriately sized circle hooks or kahle hooks depending on bait size and type, and I use a braid top shot on my surf reels for added casting distance. Hope this helps.

-Jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts