Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started off slow with a couple short ajas on the jigs, but then something happened and the bite turned on...its painful to release such nice gags! mixed bag of fish: almacos, scamp, ajs, and lane snapper...had a snapper spit up an octopus..put that back down and up came a nice gag..as if our day wast already great, walking off the dock at sherman cove a fat flounder was sitting on a rock in 6" of water...droped a jig in front of him and he ended up in the cooler :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Great job Vince!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

, and that flounder added some icing on top a great day of catching!

Jimmy

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gooood lawwwd , good job on that trip porknbeans!! Whats ur rig for them gags?? How do ya get ya bait past tha snappers??
just the standard bottom bumping rig but i thing we had a long 130# mono leader 10/0 hook...we were really going for big ajs..10-12inch white snapper as bait...we really didnt have a problem with the red snapper...probably caught 5 total

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
just the standard bottom bumping rig but i thing we had a long 130# mono leader 10/0 hook...we were really going for big ajs..10-12inch white snapper as bait...we really didnt have a problem with the red snapper...probably caught 5 total
Thanks for info porknbeans, i have got to use longer leader, bigger hook, weight, & bigger bait!! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts