Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P align=left>Decided last Thurs. to go to the rigs for tuna since it looked like we were going to get a break in the weather and I needed to run the Cape Horn that is still for sale by the way. I placed some calls in to just about everyone I knew and no-one wanted to fish but me and my hardcore fishing sidekick, Noah Kimsey. So we loaded the raft and headed for the launch by our damn selves. We cleared the pass around 1 P.M. and picked up some live bait on sabikis at one of Noah's short holes. With the live-well topped off, we pressed on. Arrived at the 255 at around 4:30. Had one really nice fished hooked up andbroke him offbefore we could get him up. Wepicked up after that and ran to the petro. A few boats there, butdidn't see anyone doing anything. Left there and ran to Marlin. Only one other boat and no fish. Somewhat discouraged, we decided to put sword rigs out and get a little rest. We drift right to theBeercan and we could see the tuna jumping. It was on. First fish in the boat was a small yellowfin, followed by 34 blackfin and two more yellows. We would have liked to get into some large yellowfin, but when you run 80 miles, you take what you can get. We had a blast catching them on torso's and spinning rods with poppers.Couldn't have crammed on more in the 320SSI, so we headed north just a little after 3 A.M. We missed ya Ben, Hollywood, Wes, Reno. Guess Noah and I will have to eat your share of the sushi. Oh yea, 27 Cape still runs like a champ if anyones interested. Reduced to 36,000.00. and it's obviously turn key!2004 Suzuki 4 strokes, unstoppable! (850)-393-1146 or 393-1144

·
eating tasty
3,791 Posts
Very nice!! Jim, its like you said, we could have just as easily been wondering what we were going to do with 300 punds of tuna. Better luck next time!

·
Registered
12 Posts
IwishI could have been there. I would have much rather been jigging for tunas than changing diapers. Thanks for the invite, and thanks for the bag of tuna.Wish ya'll would have had room for some more.

That's the bestdamnhorn in the gulf to sleep on (while running) if you don't believe me, ask me.

me,ask me.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Man that's a lot of tuna. Where did yall fit them all?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
damn harry, did ya'll save any seed??????????? Congrats. Sorry I couldn't make the trip. After Noah tried to run me over at Academy, I wasn't sure how safe I was! That is an awesome catch. For those that are interested in that boat, it is a FINE ride. Will take you anywhere you want to go with speed and confidence!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts