Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Praedator
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other thread was gettin a little long and now that there is a date set, I figured I would start a new thread with the date in the title for folks to see. And also to see who is definately coming out.

Mark it on the calendar and come on out to meet some folks off the forum. Hell, I've met a few but not as many as I would like to meet. Weather permitting, we are going to be camping out at Ft. McRee on the weekend of Nov. 17th. If you can make it both Friday and Saturday nights, that's great. If you can only make it Sat. and stay one night, that's great too. I can only make it Saturday.

Don't worry if you don't have a boat to get out there. I am sure with everyone on here, we can get you out there. I can shuttle people out there if needed. I have access to Sherman cove and that is probably where I will put in so I don't have to cross the bay with a boat loaded with gear and firewood. But I could shuttle folks from somewhere else on Saturdayonce I unload the wood etc...

I can provide the firewood for the entire weekend as long a few help me get it out there. The huge dead oak tree is coming down this Saturday (10/20). If you'regoing out there Fri. night and you want to come get enough, just say so.

Bring the family too. Let's get a bunch of folks out there.

Here is a pic of the location.

Jon

·
Registered
165 Posts
Does the red x mark area where pff members will be? Was there on 14 oct and could not decide whether members were on sand island or by the rock jetties. please clarify. tks

·
Praedator
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chum-chum (10/17/2007)Does the red x mark area where pff members will be? Was there on 14 oct and could not decide whether members were on sand island or by the rock jetties. please clarify. tks
That is where most people camp and that is where there is the most flat area for tents etc... There are numerous other spots to camp both near the actual fort and across at the island or further down the way. But this is where the majority of us will probably be. But you can sleep/camp anywhere you want and hang out with us until,if you want your peace and quiet when you want to go to bed.:letsdrink

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I'll be there but want make it out until saturday morning and staying until sunday afternoon.

Chum-Chum you shouldn't be able to miss us. Would think we will be at the fort entrance.

·
Registered
512 Posts
If you come through the small channel from the pass into the small harbour as soon as you pass the no wake signs look to the left,that is where we usualy are.

·
Registered
165 Posts
thanks for prompt reply. Weather permitting plan on being there with with ex son-in-law, grandkids and hopefully my wife. Will be aboard 26' blue and white seaswirl "thunder guppy" please introduce yourself. Read all your posts but know no one. Dan

·
Registered
339 Posts
This sounds like a blast...and a perfect time of year to do it, count me and the wife in as long the Air Force let's me stay in town. Anything in particular we need to bring? I look forward to meeting new folks...Maybe someone can bring a big screen TV, with Satellite hookupso we can watch the game Sat night. or maybe I should should just TIVO it....

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Allready have it pencilled in Jon. I will be there with at least the wife and my 13 yr old. Hopeing I can talk my brother (boltaction) into coming down with his two kids.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My son andIhope to at least make an appearance on Saturday, if not spend the night. I doubt the wife and girls will be much into sleeping under the stars. I look forward to meeting some of the PFF members as I am new to the forum and fishing from a boat in general.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I will be there. Hopefully the weather will be nice and I can get some fishing and camping in. I will bring a fish cooker and a smoker for some cooking.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Konz plan on it bro! We will probably start a need a ride thread when it gets a little closer for those that need a ride over to the Fort. It wouldnt be the same without you.

·
Praedator
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
crazyfire (10/22/2007)if i can snag a ride...ill be there
For anyone that needs a ride, go ahead and plan on making it out there. We'll get you out there.

And the tree was cut down this past weekend and Ijust mighthave enough firewood for the weekend:)

Jon

·
Praedator
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Friendly bump to remind folks that it is two weeks away.

Anyone that would like to come get some firewood to take out there is welcome to do so. I can't get it all out there. And some needs to be split to burn.

Anyone needing a ride, just post here and we will get you out there.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I cant wait, its been a while since I've been camping. I think I will start to get my gear orginized this weekend.:letsparty

1 - 20 of 62 Posts