Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to run a trip in this fall snapper season. My crew had 3 guys back out but still wanted to go so that made my job much easier. It was pretty sloppy in the morning as we weeded through a ton of short triggers to get our limit of 6 keepers. After that, the seas calmed down and we made quick work of a nice snapper limit. We then pressed on offshore and grinded out a grouper and jack limit. The highlight of the day was a 35 lb gag that was the guy's personal best. It was a fun day with a great crew, all 3 guys fished really hard.

image-2771181721.jpg

image-2306235134.jpg

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Dang! Looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing those pics & the report.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Good job as usual Capt. Jake. Do you use the same rig for the scamps as you do for the gags?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good job as usual Capt. Jake. Do you use the same rig for the scamps as you do for the gags?
Thanks guys. I use just a regular ole Carolina rig for both. 80 lb for scamp and 130 lb for gags but we catch a lot of gags on the scamp rigs

·
Registered
332 Posts
Knew either you or Delynn was out there somewhere waxing the fish. I'm Taking some family members out Saturday to kill something. Great fish and good report.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts