Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of y'all not use cameras? I hunt public land mostly and occasionally put a camera out. I really don't like putting cameras out because if I don't get any deer or quality deer I get really discouraged about a spot. I was curious if any of y'all feel the same way.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
i used cameras more for movement times in the area than what was there....dont get me wrong i hunted placed solely on what i saw on my camera. but if no movement in the area i move it to another place and see whats and when everything is moving

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I don't like the idea of leaving my scent in an area, taking in cameras and checking them.
i use to be the same way until i did an experiment with deer all summer long a few years ago....i put a camera up where i went in and out all the time and put corn out and put alot of scent of down....the other was go in to a place as little as possible and used scent killer and the pics on both cameras were almost the same.... during the beginning of bow season the one i went in and out of alot the deer didnt seem to mind me in there since they were use to my scent...the other stand they were a little more skiddish when i was sitting since there was a little more of my scent in there

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
I enjoy my cameras almost as much as hunting. I also like to eliminate as much surprise as possible. It's plenty exciting enough to me without a lot of unexpected things happening. Cameras help me to know what to expect which keeps my nerves in check

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
I'll never forget picking up my first pack of pictures from Walmart. I almost ran into several people going thru them on the way back to the front. Thank goodness for better battery life and cheap memory cards!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts