Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the seas have been rough and work has been tough its been a while since we did some offshore fishing. So Monday looked to be our first good shot at making a long run in weeks. DAMN its been a while. I had a bunch of offshore cedar plugs I was going to try and excited to get a shot a nice pelagic. Boat was filled with gas and oil, plenty of bait, live and frozen, ice, food and drink, rods tied up, everything is a go. Boat goes into the water, starts on the first turn, and I pull the trailer out. We start heading out of the channel (pretty much in the bay) and I do a quick check to make sure everything is fine, and then............I realize the motor is not peeing. :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

turn her off, check everything to make sure the hoses are fine and there isnt a clog in the end. Start her up again.still not doing anything:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead. All I could think about was the fish we missed. Home by 9:00am. Well, sucky story but at least we tried.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Run some weedeater line up the pee hole. (man, that sounds painful! :reallycrying) It appears you may have a blocked line.

Jim

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
don't feel bad buddy. we headed out 60 miles to fish the 255, fished all day there and a few other spots. coming home 47 miles out, my starboard motor's temp gauge is pegged out. shut down limp in a while let the motor cool down, try it out several times still heating up. several hours later at dark thirty we try it again, does fine and it was haul ass time once again, very early, pretty ruff, bummed boat, one cuda all equals a pretty crappy trip.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
A piece of heavy mono usually works well to check for/displace a clog.

Had the same issue 25 miles out on a friend's boat back in Aug. Ran some 50 lb mono in there and motor started peeing... problem solved.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I keep 5' of .080 Weed Trimmer line on my boat for the pee hole, and in my convertible to unclog the drains from the convertible top. I hate making the turn out of the car wash and hearing water sloshing toone side behind the seats. Sorry your day was a bust, glad the engine sounds like it is OK.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fellas, THANK YOU, looks like I will be running offshore for some fun this weekend. After shooting ducks of course. Ran about two ft of weedeater line through the hole, then fired it up, back to normal and looking good. Thanks for the info. I wont leave the dock with out it now. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

1 - 8 of 8 Posts