Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Sherman Cove about seven. Stopped by the 3 barges for bait. Got it. Went to Tex Edward, too many boats. Went to the Liberty Ship. 5 snapper, well over keepers. Three Scampsjust under legal (15-15.5) and one nice trigger. Don't know how to fillet them, so I sent him home. Seas great, weather great, fishing great, not eating fish.Best day on the water in a while. Very Happy:clap

·
Registered
778 Posts
What kind of bait did you pick up at the three barges? Just interested if they might have been cigar minnows. You definitely need to learn how to clean triggers. I am sure someone at sherman cove would give you some pointers. Thereare quite a few triggers around this time of year. Just a mile south of the liberty ship is some natural bottom that is pretty good. You will catch a lot of small ones but you can pick around and get a good mess if you are persistent. With snapper being closed they are a savior for fishing trips these days.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wrightackle (11/17/2007)What kind of bait did you pick up at the three barges? Just interested if they might have been cigar minnows. You definitely need to learn how to clean triggers. I am sure someone at sherman cove would give you some pointers. Thereare quite a few triggers around this time of year. Just a mile south of the liberty ship is some natural bottom that is pretty good. You will catch a lot of small ones but you can pick around and get a good mess if you are persistent. With snapper being closed they are a savior for fishing trips these days.
We did get some cigar minnows, about a dozen in 30 minutes,using sabiki's. Also got some Ruby's. Cigar minnows worked best. Even the frozen ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts